Gaming Kirby: Star Allies - Fw version on cart?

marice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since Kirby will be out tomorrow, does anyone have a early cart copy already?
If so: Can you confirm the required minimal FW version?

(I guess its 4.1.0 .. ?)

Thanks!!

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's pretty much no way Kirby could require 5.0 since it was just released. Carts are manufactured long before they are available in stores so they couldn't have a non-existent firmware on them at the time. Pretty sure Kirby will be 4.1 (heck, even Labo carts could be 4.1 since it's only a month away).

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's has 4.1 on it.
At least the Version I got today from Media Markt in Germany

Have you by any chance tried to download the available update from the eShop to see if the update is still 4.1 FW compatible?
My pre-loaded copy says it is version 1.1.0 but I just checked and there is another download available (I cancelled the download though in the off chance this version beyond 1.1.0 requires FW 5.0...).
If you haven't and would be willing to test while the eShop is still available to FW 4.1, that would be great!

(I assume worst case, if the current update wasn't FW 4.1 compatible, you could delete the updates and just play the base version off the cart - this may require wiping your save but hopefully you don't have too much progress at this point.)

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Media Markt best Markt
Getting one tommorow. Btw, you one thousand percent sure its 4.1? :D
All my savings are going for that damn game so I have to make sure
yes, 100% sure :D

Have you by any chance tried to download the available update from the eShop to see if the update is still 4.1 FW compatible?
My pre-loaded copy says it is version 1.1.0 but I just checked and there is another download available (I cancelled the download though in the off chance this version beyond 1.1.0 requires FW 5.0...).
If you haven't and would be willing to test while the eShop is still available to FW 4.1, that would be great!

(I assume worst case, if the current update wasn't FW 4.1 compatible, you could delete the updates and just play the base version off the cart - this may require wiping your save but hopefully you don't have too much progress at this point.)
I'm on 4.1 and I'm unable to access the eShop anymore.
Star Allies is on version 1.0.0, so I'm playing without the update.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1 and I'm unable to access the eShop anymore.

Really? Have you tried recently? I just accessed the US and Japanese eShops about 15 minutes ago. I also just checked now and I am still able to access them on my 4.1 Switch so the grace period for online access seems to still be active.

(Are you using a DNS that might be blocking eShop access?)
(You could also try updating the title manually through the + [Plus] menu and searching for an update on the home menu.)

Last edited by Ichii Giki,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? Have you tried recently? I just accessed the US and Japanese eShops about 15 minutes ago. I also just checked now and I am still able to access them on my 4.1 Switch so the grace period for online access seems to still be active.

(Are you using a DNS that might be blocking eShop access?)
(You could also try updating the title manually through the + [Plus] menu and searching for an update on the home menu.)
Probably it's because I use a DNS to block Nintendo Updates.
Will try that later.
Working on some 3D Models atm.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Media Markt best Markt
Getting one tommorow. Btw, you one thousand percent sure its 4.1? :D
All my savings are going for that damn game so I have to make sure
I would be very shocked if it was 5.0 seeing that 5.0 came out literal days before the release of the game so they most likely were in stock at stores before 5.0 came out

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is producing revisions of carts with 5.0.0 on it.
Better buy your Kirby carts right now if you're sure it comes with 4.1.0 now.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm buying a Switch tomorrow online, brand new, what's the good firmware to get? I'm not buying used, because I'm scared to death of getting 5.0, plus, eh, I'd rather spend an extra 15 bux for a brand new one. :P

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm buying a Switch tomorrow online, brand new, what's the good firmware to get? I'm not buying used, because I'm scared to death of getting 5.0, plus, eh, I'd rather spend an extra 15 bux for a brand new one. :P

You should be in the clear and get a new one under 5.0. Whatever firmware it comes with, DO NOT UPDATE if you want to see mods anytime soon. Hey, maybe you'll luck out with 3.00 or older. Try to fight the urge to update and don't buy new releases without checking the lowest compatible firmware first.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be in the clear and get a new one under 5.0. Whatever firmware it comes with, DO NOT UPDATE if you want to see mods anytime soon. Hey, maybe you'll luck out with 3.00 or older. Try to fight the urge to update and don't buy new releases without checking the lowest compatible firmware first.
Shit, I'm not even going to enable wifi on my Switch, lol.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Shit, I'm not even going to enable wifi on my Switch, lol.
For the time being, you can still use online on 4.1, but that might no longer be the case when you receive it. Anyway, if your console ends up being on 4.1, take the opportunity to update your games if you still can and grab anything off the eShop you want.
Then you can keep the Switch offline afterwards.
It won't auto update, only download and nag you, so you don't have to worry about that, and system updates are easily deleted by powering the system completely off.

Reactions: SleepingGuru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too