PS1/2 Kingdom Hearts

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just played kingdom hearts 358/2 days on ds and i think its one of the best games in the action rpg genre
However I'm not up to speed with the series, i was wondering if there was any way that i could play the first 2 games on my mac or pc as i don't own a ps2\3
Any help would be greatly appreciated
wink.gif

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes there are ps2 emulators around that work pretty good. But you need a blazing pc to run them good. dual core at minimum and then im not sure.

Ps2s go for very cheap these days... I have bought several ps2 slim in my region for about 50 $ in the past months for my family looking on classified add websites. You can use freemcboot (google) to play backup pretty easy without a modchip. Its better than to invest in a blasing fast PC anyways.

BtW I am on Kingdom heart ATM Its very AMAZING GAME not for little kid as it is challenging (I just beated Ursula this morning tough fight)

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i think there are ways to run pcsx2 on a mac, although you have a have an intel based processor. Having a brand new pc/mac does not mean having a monster PC. pcsx2 site states the recommended specs is:

Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

keep in mind that even with these specs, you will most likely never run a game with little to no lag

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, you can get a used PS2 for $60 or less. That includes all your wires and controllers. And I picked up a copy of Kingdom Hearts for around $10, including S&H. There's plenty of other awesome games that are worth buying a PS2 anyway.

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the advice guys
im going to try pcsx2 on the mac because it seems to have most of the specs that were mentioned, if fails though i might just have to drop some cash

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
Yes there are ps2 emulators around that work pretty good. But you need a blazing pc to run them good. dual core at minimum and then im not sure.

Ps2s go for very cheap these days... I have bought several ps2 slim in my region for about 50 $ in the past months for my family looking on classified add websites. You can use freemcboot (google) to play backup pretty easy without a modchip. Its better than to invest in a blasing fast PC anyways.

BtW I am on Kingdom heart ATM Its very AMAZING GAME not for little kid as it is challenging (I just beated Ursula this morning tough fight)
wat?
That's the whole point of Video Games, to give the player a challenge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol