Kingdom Hearts III “ReMIND” DLC announced

E6E37A22-9F8A-43B7-8201-421A10A52717.jpeg

Kingdom Hearts III will soon be getting some new DLC content, as explained by the one-and-only Tetsuya Nomura. The announcement capped off the World of Tres Kingdom Hearts orchestral event that took place in Tokyo, Japan yesterday night. Nomura took to the stage to briefly discuss the upcoming content, which consists of a a new scenario, a bonus episode and a secret episode, as well as a secret boss to fight. No release date or price was given, but we do know the title of the DLC, which is called “ReMIND”. Those that don’t wish to make any further purchases will still benefit, as they’ll receive a free keyblade and form when ReMIND releases. Kingdom Hearts III launched earlier this January, and is currently available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

:arrow: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
make sure to take your fanboy blinders OFF before reading this :P
you can sum this game into 3 words DISAPPOINTING AND SHORT!

after all these years waiting and what do we get treated with? terrible combat, under 10 worlds, pointless game mechanics and a SL of damn cut scenes. it took me literally under a week to finish this that's how short it is! i'll run down why exactly this game fails hard

the battles: pretty much button mash and wait for your power moves than use them that's it.

pointless game mechanics: don't even bother cooking you don't or will ever need the extra bonuses it gives you.

if you ever expect to craft the best equips you won't be able to because the game never gives you the gems you need until later when you won't need the gear.

lame winnie the turd level: don't even know why this is in the game if i wanted to play annoying puzzle games i'll download them on my phone!

AP is practically given to you: in kh2 you had to strategize what you wanted to spend your AP on which abilities welp not in this you get so much AP and gear that triples it for you that you can have every single ability you want..

the level design: every level is pretty much the story run until enemies appear , kill them than continue while finding chests along the way. there is hardly any exploration whatsoever. and every level is so damn small you'll just breeze right through them.

ship building pointless now: what i loved in kh2 was how you can design your own ship in this there are actual hubs you can fly through and you get to choose what shoot em up battles you want to do...but they even managed to stuff that up you see there are these crystals and if you get them all they unlock uber OP ships where how many parts, weapons and other stuff you can have on them don't matter.

cooking is pointless: you can collect ingredients and do stupid mini games to unlock meals you can eat that give you boosts to your stats...but you'll never need them the game throws so many powerups and abilities at you during battle you pretty much just sit there and push X!

what i liked
==========
- graphics look great. runs perfect on the PRO
- toy story level was well designed (pretty much the only decent world in the whole game)
- was fun exploring the sea in potc level too bad there wasn't more of it.
- the space hub was a nice touch but felt empty still

what i hated
===========
- the attractions make it too easy
- too many team moves that cheese battles
- your keyblade special moves are too OP
- the frozen level and it''s lame singing (yes it's in there) thankfully you can skip cut scenes though
- the sled part in the frozen level
- the pirate race
- winnie the turd level and it's lame AF puzzles
- cooking...waste of time
- battles pretty much button mash X
- too many mini game levels
- too many cut scsnes
- you never get the gems you need at the right time making crafting annoying..

:rofl2:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn’t explore the last 4 worlds. The worst part is one of those 4 was clearly intended to be explorable. Clearly can see bounty boards everywhere. No surprised they released the game without finishing the last worlds so they could sale then as dlc.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Couldn’t explore the last 4 worlds. The worst part is one of those 4 was clearly intended to be explorable. Clearly can see bounty boards everywhere. No surprised they released the game without finishing the last worlds so they could sale then as dlc.
yeah the last boss world was meant to be explorable. If you go out of bounds it even says go to the top of the castle and take the gondola from the castle to the next island. Or the Xehanort as a boss was meant to be a bigger fight that took place over multiple city islands and then cut it 2 a smaller fight.

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess people don't like having to play every single game in the series which spans 6 consoles (ignoring collections on the ps4) and mobile in order to understand the lore. Like the big reveal at the end means nothing to anyone who hasn't played the mobile game. That being said the game was far from perfect and had serious flaws (worst 100 acre woods by far) however it wasn't a bad game. Despite the flaws I am definitely going to buy this dlc and probably any dlc following. A lot of the criticism stems from, in my opinion, people wanting an entirely different game from the previous ones. The games have never been difficult on normal difficulty and if you want it to be harder there is the new critical mode or you could always gimp yourself and not use certain mechanics (attractions, team attacks, summons, ect). That being said not everyone has to like the game.

Reactions: kumikochan

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the criticism stems from, in my opinion, people wanting an entirely different game from the previous ones. The games have never been difficult on normal difficulty and if you want it to be harder there is the new critical mode or you could always gimp yourself and not use certain mechanics (attractions, team attacks, summons, ect). That being said not everyone has to like the game.

Nope. My problem with the game isn’t the difficulty levels nor the mechanics. My problem is the finale worlds were far too short. The odd Japan/America hybrid world, the keyblade graveyard, the clouds and the main world from unchained were wasted space. The last one clearly was designed to be explored and yet they didn’t finish it. Instead saved it for a cash grab. I would of been happy to have waited through another delay so the game would of been finished! Also the way the story flows, it seems liked they chopped KH3 off from KHDDD. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the case. IMO KH3D should of been included for that reason with 3. an option to load it’s save when starting 3 for boosted stats n extra crafting material. I have every title and the 3 collections too. I’m not lost story wise.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt like KH3 was it's own game with it's own part of the story, but I feel as if that story was a bit too short and rushed, like they were trying to get to the end of it and tie up everything with the Xehanort Saga.

That being said, I don't feel that it was incomplete or the game itself was rushed or anything was cut out.

Hopefully this DLC will help the story out a bit as well.

((Also, personally, I am glad that we don't have to import the FM or buy a whole new version of the game just to get extra goodies)).

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope. My problem with the game isn’t the difficulty levels nor the mechanics. My problem is the finale worlds were far too short. The odd Japan/America hybrid world, the keyblade graveyard, the clouds and the main world from unchained were wasted space. The last one clearly was designed to be explored and yet they didn’t finish it. Instead saved it for a cash grab. I would of been happy to have waited through another delay so the game would of been finished! Also the way the story flows, it seems liked they chopped KH3 off from KHDDD. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the case. IMO KH3D should of been included for that reason with 3. an option to load it’s save when starting 3 for boosted stats n extra crafting material. I have every title and the 3 collections too. I’m not lost story wise.
Sora lost most of his powers at the end of DDD so it wouldn't make sense plotwise

Reactions: N7Kopper

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sora lost most of his powers at the end of DDD so it wouldn't make sense plotwise
Say what you like about Kingdom Hearts, it does a good job of justifying having to level back up every time. It's not like Metroid where Samus loses all of her stuff every game for no reason (except Fusion. Fusion made sense.) - Chain of Memories starts Sora off with the HP cap from 1, and the rest of his abilities sealed in the cards. 2 has him recovering from a year long memory screw and slumber, 3D is him forcing himself to unlearn his old techniques in favour of formal training, and 3 explicitly explained it.

It amazes me how many RPGs still mess up this simple facet of immersion. Either let us import our old stats like Quest for Glory (admittedly not a 100% perfect example, the series had an annoying habit of increasing how high your Throwing had to be to throw normal rocks accurately on the field, but given how your inventory capacity was Strength based, you could become superhumanly strong halfway through the series which was nice), Baldur's Gate, or Mass Effect, or explain why we can't, like Kingdom Hearts. (Hell, X-2 was horrible with this, there was no reason why Yuna and Rikku couldn't wreck face from the very beginning with 99999 HP)

And don't get me started on cutscenes that completely mismatch how things work in actual gameplay. Assassin's Creed's Animus sections get a pass on that at least. Not so much the "real" ones.

KH2FM was a DLC though.
It was a region locked mission pack and patch that had to be bought standalone even if you owned the original. Talk about a rip off!

Remember when people liked expansion packs? Now you have to download them, they seem to think they're automatically as bad as lootbox microtransactions and live services.

Last edited by N7Kopper,
Reactions: Enryx25

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they seem to think they're automatically as bad as lootbox microtransactions

That's because most gamers these days tend to look at bad examples at all times, except when it supports their arguments and because they are too busy mindlessly paying attention to the most popular/most hyped games as well, and not questioning anything at all because of circlejerks.

Now whenever there is some sort of dissatisfaction with a product and any DLC is announced or someone finds some files within the game people start crying "Cut content" or "Disc Locked Content" immediately.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's because most gamers these days tend to look at bad examples at all times, except when it supports their arguments and because they are too busy mindlessly paying attention to the most popular/most hyped games as well, and not questioning anything at all because of circlejerks.

Now whenever there is some sort of dissatisfaction with a product and any DLC is announced or someone finds some files within the game people start crying "Cut content" or "Disc Locked Content" immediately.
Sign of the times, this is the first time people can complain about anything and have thousands of people look at it instantly. Heck you can even find someone to argue with you about anything at all on the internet now.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sign of the times, this is the first time people can complain about anything and have thousands of people look at it instantly. Heck you can even find someone to argue with you about anything at all on the internet now.
Becomes a real big problem on the internet because a lie can travel around faster than any truth can, and sadly people will just mimic/parrot what they hear or see in the mainstream and try to spread it like wildfire.

Reactions: kevin corms

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Becomes a real big problem on the internet because a lie can travel around faster than any truth can, and sadly people will just mimic/parrot what they hear or see in the mainstream and try to spread it like wildfire.
Once something gets a certain amount of likes it just spreads like crazy, many people use bots and astroturfers to get the ball rolling these days.

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Bought KH3 on release because i was so excited that I could finally conclude the story after all these years. To be honest im not a hater but the game was mediocre at best or maybe I just grew out of it. Honestly can't say.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Frankbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have not played KH3 yet. But after reading this thread I have decided not to buy or play it. Also, I hate this game.
I hate damn donald duck and Sora.
DLCs are what this game deserves.
Lol

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when KH wasn't riddled with DLCs ?

Yeah.

Nothx. Finished KHIII to never touch it again.
I prefer the second one. One (fm) disc. All the content .
Yeah I remember when KH wasn’t riddled with DLC... y’know, before DLC even existed. I also remember that they used to release “special edition” versions of games back then that had extra and/or revised content too, oftentimes refusing to release them in most regions of the world for a console that was region locked.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I remember when KH wasn’t riddled with DLC... y’know, before DLC even existed. I also remember that they used to release “special edition” versions of games back then that had extra and/or revised content too, oftentimes refusing to release them in most regions of the world for a console that was region locked.
As a pc gamer I remember expansions, but those were actually worth my time for the most part. These days these expansions are released as sequels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo