_EX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kahlan said:
rafas287 said:
Can't see no way usb loading may help on passing through the lock. Clearly the solution is hex or another CFW as I see. In PSP Iso we've already tried to go through save state and we couldn't avoid the lock also.
Well, ive been watching this topic for the past few days and havent said anything but I just wanted to clarify something. From what ive gathered from the almost 100 pages of blah blah is that hex editing the eboot allowed us to bypass the first block they had in place(purple screen). After that i believe what weve decided was that the game turns off MS access and waits for the game to load from the umd, my guess is that after it loaded whatever it needed it will turn the MS back on allowing it to save, and i would have to expect it would continue to do this at the points which theyve found to have blocks(bosses/worlds/etc). If this is the case i would expect that usb loading would be the only possible way to load the game without accessing the MS.

If i am mistaken about anything above let me know so i can get my facts straight >.<

They will be able to hack it. It will just take a very long time. THey just need to rewrite where is searches for the update. If the change where the search looks to the MS then we can have a file ready. It just takes a while to locate the file that has the location and to change it. It is possible, just not easy.

DonLuca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if the problem is related to the memory stick, why don't you try loading the iso from your pc via usb with usb iso loader?

Kahlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattwo said:
My boot.bin file in sysdir is a dummy...I'm not sure if this means my iso is a fake or if it means something that may help u guys.
Edit: o.o 3 green ribboned medals. o.o
Mine is as well, and i have the caravan up, also patched with the hexed eboot to get to the autosavescreen.

Just a note, i tried putting the psp to sleep right as i pressed O on the autosave screen, when i turned the psp back on the MS light turns on and stays solid, and the psp freezes like usual. So the game IS freezing MS access during that time.

QUOTE(_EX @ Jan 10 2010, 11:54 PM) They will be able to hack it. It will just take a very long time. THey just need to rewrite where is searches for the update. If the change where the search looks to the MS then we can have a file ready. It just takes a while to locate the file that has the location and to change it. It is possible, just not easy.
Well from what ive read it wasnt that the game searches for an update, its that the game locks MS access completely, therefor making you unable to load the game at all.

rafas287

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kahlan said:
rafas287 said:
Can't see no way usb loading may help on passing through the lock. Clearly the solution is hex or another CFW as I see. In PSP Iso we've already tried to go through save state and we couldn't avoid the lock also.
Well, ive been watching this topic for the past few days and havent said anything but I just wanted to clarify something. From what ive gathered from the almost 100 pages of blah blah is that hex editing the eboot allowed us to bypass the first block they had in place(purple screen). After that i believe what weve decided was that the game turns off MS access and waits for the game to load from the umd, my guess is that after it loaded whatever it needed it will turn the MS back on allowing it to save, and i would have to expect it would continue to do this at the points which theyve found to have blocks(bosses/worlds/etc). If this is the case i would expect that usb loading would be the only possible way to load the game without accessing the MS.

If i am mistaken about anything above let me know so i can get my facts straight >.

dmasterzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i cant even get it to go to the red screen HAHAHA
tongue.gif

Kahlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafas287 said:
Well, I wouldn't say that it's what's happening since MS access is essencial to the gameplay anyway. But that a very respectable theory I see there.
unsure.gif

Anyway, if that's the case, USB loading wouldn't solve the problem as it's not as we were loading a game through UMD reader.

I'll try to do it.
Well what i meant by it locking MS access was that it would lock the MS just long enough to cause the game to freeze if it was loading from the MS and not the UMD, HOWEVER, it may not be that its looking for the UMD but that its only stopping MS reading. I'm gonna try USB loading and see if i can figure something out, ill let you guys know.

Shp00N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anybody actually know what the red screen says, if so is it important and what does it say

sorry, my jap is horrible

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neriphis said:
anyone try pulling out mem stick before auto save

Erm, exactly what would that accomplish? If you pull the memory stick that has your game on it out, it can't exactly read the game anymore, so I fail to see how that would fix the game shutting off memory stick access to prevent reading it.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shp00n: It is slang and offensive to use the word "jap". Please spell out the word "Japanese".
Also the red screen is just about auto saving lol.

@neriphis: I have. Still nothing. What we think happens is that it locks up the memory card as it reads from the UMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway