smile.gif

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah where does it say that it's co-op? Because I would prefer the normal single player, since I have a few friends with a DS but not fans of KH (as far as I know
nyanya.gif
) and I have a few friends who are fans of KH, but do not have a DS.. Mmm.. maybe some trading..
But I normally like to play KH all alone, because the feeling is just better that way.. So please, first the single player, and if i'm in the mood a multiplayer (kinda like Zelda)..

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, new details came through. According to Gamespot. If this is true, the fanboy in my heart is dying of happy: The game is, while revolved around Roxas, Coop based designed with all of Organization XIII in mind. If you've played KH2, you know who they are.

QUOTE said:
The second title, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, is the DS release. Unlike previous installments in Kingdom Hearts, the game focuses on the series' antagonists known as the Organization XIII, and Roxas, who was "the other main character" in Kingdom Hearts II.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days' trailer starts off from the last scene in Chain of Memories (PS2 version), and the words "The time during the opposite side, when Sora goes to sleep" appears on the screen. The scene changes to the station and clock tower in Kingdom Hearts II, with Roxas and Axel looking over the city at the sunset. In another scene, Roxas is seen sitting in a white room together with the rest of Organization XIII, and a new 14th member is introduced into the organization. Although the character's face was hidden by Organization XIII's traditional hooded jacket that she wore, it was apparently a female character, judging from her lips.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a multiplayer action game where you can fight as an Organization XIII member and attempt to complete missions cooperatively with friends. During the trailer, we saw up to four characters fighting together on the same screen against a massive boss character in a city setting. The game will also feature a single-player mode, of course. The gameplay looked similar to the combat you're familiar with from past KH games, though the frame rate was running a little low in the trailer footage. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is co-directed by Tomohiro Hasegawa and produced by Patrick Chen. The game is being developed by h.a.n.d Inc.

*Just died of happy*

*And that scan is from the PSP game based on Terra/The Knights from the KH2 Bonus Scene, from the looks of things. It's a prequel.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From another site:

QUOTE said:
Cow's Observation: KH:358/2 Days is an odd title as you could tell, but if you think about the story's timeline it might not be! Consider this: KH2 takes place 1 year after KH1 and Roxas' Story starts 7 days prior to Sora's(as far as canon goes it was 7 days). 365 days- 7 days is 358 days. So with that in mind it could be assumed that the story covers Roxas' point of view all the way to when he appears in Kingdom Hearts II. Now what still has not been accounted for is why it is called KH:358/2 Days... The "/2" is still a mystery. Just keep in mind this is just an observation!

And some trailer summaries:

QUOTE(Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep) said:
Video begins by showing scenes of the ending of "Kingdom Hearts 1", Soon the text "Deep Past" comes up, to be followed by "Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate"

Scene cuts to an area featuring the boy who looks like Roxas, Ven, talking to a young male with black hair, the area seeming to be like "Hollow Bastion". The boy soon calls the young male "Ven." The scene continuously changes before showing the Old Man that is seen in the Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ Secret Ending.

The old man's name is "Master Xehanort" and "Master Xehanort" calls the young boy "Terra". Soon Terra summons the keyblade into his hand.

Soon some worlds are shown, such as "Olympus Coliseum" and a new world, which resembles that of Sleeping Beauty is shown, confirming it's existence.

The scene then changes to Terra fighting against the mysterious dark male, who looks like he's in a bicycle suit, also from the secret ending. Terra manages to knock off the helmet, but his face isn't shown.

The scene soon moves to King Mickey summoning his Keyblade. Soon the scene begins to change rapidly, and Terra is at a beach, watching two boys playing before resting his sword into the grove. The two boys soon begin to become more visible, and it looks like Sora and Riku playing at the beach.

Finally, Terra says..
"Please don't depend on me, just erase me...friend"

QUOTE(Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days) said:
The trailer starts from the scene where re:COM ended, afterwards the words "The other side attached to Sora still sleeps" and "The mind comes back whenever they touch." The scene then moves to Twilight Town, where Roxas, and Axel are sitting on the edge, as seen in KH2FM+.

Soon the trailer switches to Roxas being invited to the Organization XIII, and introduced to them, which soon cuts out to another scene of Roxas joining the Organization for the first time. Soon the scene then switches to the King talking about Axel, and Saix with Roxas pulling out his keyblade, moving into gameplay.

The gameplay features Roxas fighting with other Organization Members in a multiplayer game. This one confirms the allowance of being able to play as Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

The scene then switches to Xemnas talking towards other Organization members. Xemnas explains that a 14th member has joined the Organization, and the 14th member appears to be a female, wearing a black hood. Soon the title comes up as "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"

You can then hear Roxas in the background saying "I will disappear from this world in 151 days"

Kingdom Hearts CodedFirst thing that was shown, was the ending of Kingdom Hearts II, afterwards the text "The secret ending is solved, and the worlds still extend" Is shown, and then the words "Flow" is shown.

The video then officially begins with Jiminy Cricket looking at his journal, the words "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" pop-up. He then notices something he did not right in his journal "You need to return, to heal the wounds" Jiminy Cricket then rushes to report to King Mickey. Mickey who is startled by this only replies with "Only he is the one who can solve it." The scene soon changes to Sora standing in Destiny Islands, in Kingdom Hearts 1. However Sora only appears in the form of computer data that is being transmitted.

After the image, the game soon changes to a battle scene. Heartless are attacking, and the gameplay mechanic seems odd, as Sora appears to be moving pies of blocks making it a puzzle game in a sense. Soon the command "Debugging" comes up. When this command is clicked, Sora moves at high speed, and vanishes as well. The scene soon changes to Sora being in Traverse Town with Mickey (As seen in the latest scans) With Mickey saying "I was here on that day." and then "Let's speak truly"

And another side note:
Each title is said to have a time-related theme: Birth by Sleep is "the distant past," KH: 358/2 Days is "time of the other side," and Code is "time has gone by." More as it comes!

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A quick question about this coop thingy.. Is it (like Gamespot said) that there is an multiplayer mode, and a singleplayer mode? Different missions and so? Or is that the story is the same, but you can choose if you want to do it alone or invite someone to play it with you?

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ala Crystal Chronicles I assume, I don't know much about kingdom hearts but its by squaresoft right? might be the same engine then...

Delfin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
delfin.zapto.org
XP
Country
358 days is the total days -before- the 7days in KH2 that Roxas lived as an Org member.
The 2 most likely symbolize that the game is focused on Roxas and Axel, tada, 358/2.

Just my 2 cents, I'm looking forward to it while pondering how I'm gonna afford a PSP and stuff for the ton of games hitting it now that I also wanna play :

P

pasc

OP
Is this the same game or yet another one: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1661/kheartsil8.jpg ?  Looks more PSP than DS but the title at the top says 'archaic sealed heat' something..

Its another one.

The screens with Roxas and Axel may be DS Video Render Sequenzes, I really hope the battle system works like on the PS2, it has a long Singleplayer (like the II from the PS2 would rock, because I always play that before I do multiplayer, FFCC was good, but much too short, I hope this one gets longer and includes much Story why Sora and Co. turned dark when they got teenagers, I hope for some Roxas fight action myself).

Hope SE doesn't screw this one (BTW: did you know KH1 was made by Squaresoft alone ? KH2 by Squaresoft + enix = Square enix ? )

Anyway, much time to wait until 2008, I hope for a very decent game.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hope SE doesn't screw this one (BTW: did you know KH1 was made by Squaresoft alone ? KH2 by Squaresoft + enix = Square enix ? )

Yeah, because Squaresoft and Enix didn't merge until 2003. And even then, just because they merged doesn't mean they had Enix people working on the game.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the whole Kingdom Hearts series. I really wish ReChain of Memories would come stateside (it was included as the second disc to the Final Mix+ version of Kingdom Hearts 2). It's interesting to think that instead of one "in between" game from 2->3 (like CoM was for 1->2) there are going to be three, well, more like two, as I don't consider the cellphone one a true game, more like a KH-themed puzzler. Nevertheless, it looks like I will have to buy a PSP at some point to play both the DS and PSP in-between games. Kingdom Hearts 3 in 2009? Is that what it looks like?

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love the whole Kingdom Hearts series.  I really wish ReChain of Memories would come stateside (it was included as the second disc to the Final Mix+ version of Kingdom Hearts 2).  It's interesting to think that instead of one "in between" game from 2->3 (like CoM was for 1->2) there are going to be three, well, more like two, as I don't consider the cellphone one a true game,  more like a KH-themed puzzler.  Nevertheless, it looks like I will have to buy a PSP at some point to play both the DS and PSP in-between games.  Kingdom Hearts 3 in 2009?  Is that what it looks like?

Well I'm not quite sure if there is going to be a KH III.. I mean at the Ending of KH1 they did a movie pointing to KH II.. at the ending of KHII thet did a movie pointing at KH III. It now appears that this movie was pointing at what is going to be the PSP version (kinda get the idea that the DS version is nice, but just an extra for the DS, not something with the main story). And since SE still didn't say anything about a real KH III at the TGS, it feels to me that KHIII is the PSP version.

EDIT: It would be cool like you say, that the DS and PSP versions are just in-between versions, like CoM. But still, the only real in-between game would be the PSP version IMO, 'cause the 358/2 Days just goes on with Roxas..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill