Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (U) Fix

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by AznBoy222, Sep 26, 2009.

Sep 26, 2009
  1. AznBoy222
    OP

Newcomer AznBoy222 Member

Canada
    How to manually hex edit KH rom:

1: Google and download a program called XVI32. This is the hex editor I used.

2: Open your KH rom.

3: At the top click address, then click goto, then click hexidecimal.

4: Type 010E5DC into the box and click ok.

5: The first block should be highlighted and have 0C in it.

6: At the top click edit, click overwrite string, click hex string, in the bottom box type 37 and click ok.

7: Where it said 0C in the first box it should now say 37.

8: Click file, then click save.

9: Put the file you just saved on your flash cart and enjoy

Credit goes to JesseB

I confirmed it to work with an R4

2. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    old kthxbai

3. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    u just copy pasted this from a different thread and posted it on a new thread, wats the point
    this exact same procedure is on atleats 4 different threads

4. kaizer3000

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    does your "patch" works for R4 ?
    i read in other forums claiming their game crashed when they reached Day7 or something....

5. HelpDesk

Newcomer HelpDesk Member

Australia
    heya fellas,
    i've hexedited the clean rom and it doesn't run on R4 1.18, or YSmenu. and by not run i mean black screen after selecting difficulty. i have not tried the patched version yet. my R4 is the V2 black(not R4"i" and not sdhc). i read on here someone claimed to have it working on an R4, which i find hard to believe, but stranger things have happened. patiently waiting for a solid fix... hang in there fellow R4 users. [​IMG]

6. Djay187

Member Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I followed the above instructions and so far it's working perfectly on my original R4, I'm only into the tutorials but I can save, quit, load up my saved game and carry on with no problems what so ever.

7. fta4free

Newcomer fta4free Newbie

United States
    Thanks. Works on M3DS Real also.

8. AznBoy222
    OP

Newcomer AznBoy222 Member

Canada
    It hasn't crashed for me yet. I'm on day 52 i think and nothing has happened. No freezing, No Black/White screens, No crashing either

9. HelpDesk

Newcomer HelpDesk Member

Australia
    Djay,
    could you please copy and upload the exact firmware your running on your original R4 for kh358?
    i used with Ys and my patched 1.18 and the official 1.18 DL from R4 site, and all yielded same result, black screen. i'm quite puzzled now as to why my particular R4 is not working, i've never encountered a problem like this before, and i'm very used to patching roms...and getting them working btw [​IMG]
    if you could upload yours, it would help me heaps.
    cheers,
    Jer

EDIT:
    don't worry. i just dl'd the clean rom again. hex edit fix, then worked. i just now ran the hex code of both nds files through a program to check they were identical, they weren't. there were missing lines of code among other things in the original i had. obviously the first dl'd file got corrupted in some way. thanks for listening and helping anyway guys. will start playing after tonights F1. and yeah, running on patched R4 v1.18 firmware, i just don't like the look of that YSmenu, and until i 'need' to switch to it, plain ol' 1.18 will do fine. i really don't know why people bash the R4 so much, this is the first real problem i've ever had trying to run a game, and turns out it wasn't even the R4, bad rom.

cheers,
    Jer

10. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    amazing it works thank go no more shity xenofobiam screen

11. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes thank you [​IMG]

12. Najtprowler

Newcomer Najtprowler Newbie

Sweden
    It works, i have an R4 and did exactly like this and it works, im up to Day 11 without a crash or something

13. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    im up to day 71,and the mission on that day freezes on me...

14. 1ns0mn14

Newcomer 1ns0mn14 Member

Greece
    Wrote a quick xdelta patch that does the job for you without needing to get your hands dirty using a hex-editor to edit the rom file. [​IMG]
    Easiest way to fix the rom ^^

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tmzdlr1mtmm

Instructions:
    1. Extract all of the contents of the RAR file to a path of your choice.
    2. Place your clean, untrimmed Kingdom Hearts 258/2 Days (U) rom inside the "rom" folder.
    3. Double-click patch.bat (when it says "press any key to continue" you need to do so, of course.)
    NOTE: You might need to right-click the file and select "Run as Administrator" if you're using Windows Vista/7 with UAC (User Account Control) on.
    4. The patched rom will be called patched.nds. Feel free to rename it - don't forget to leave the file extension part .nds in the title (duh!), then transfer it to your flashcart.
    5. Enjoy the game [​IMG]

Tried on R4, works perfectly up to now!
    This fix does exactly the same thing that the guide in this thread says,
    so it works for the same flashcarts that the guide works for.

15. eroshadow

Newcomer eroshadow Newbie

United States
    oh man, thanks so much!!! It worked on my r4, bute, when i change the name, the file doesnt work! can anyone help me?

16. 1ns0mn14

Newcomer 1ns0mn14 Member

Greece
    the file extension (.nds) needs to stay in the title. so name it like blablabla.nds
    I bet that's the problem [​IMG]

17. unliwiited

Newcomer unliwiited Member

Philippines
    at first i got black screen after selecting difficulty with the clean untrimmed file. i used the first patch and it worked with no problem! Very nice graphics for a DS game, with nice music & voice acting, I'm impressed.

Using DSTTi on my DSi.

18. PhoenixBliss

Newcomer PhoenixBliss Newbie

Netherlands
    Ok, I really need your help guys, seeing as you all got it to work properly. I did the hexing thing, i put the game on my M3DS real, and started playing. It doesn't crash at the beginning, but when I'm trying to save my game, all three slots say something about corrupt data. And as soon as I click on save, the game freezes. The music keeps on playing, but it jusn't stop saving. What am I doing wrong? I wanna play! O.O

19. PhoenixBliss

Newcomer PhoenixBliss Newbie

Netherlands
    Ok, I really need your help guys, seeing as you all got it to work properly. I did the hexing thing, i put the game on my M3DS real, and started playing. It doesn't crash at the beginning, but when I'm trying to save my game, all three slots say something about corrupt data. And as soon as I click on save, the game freezes. The music keeps on playing, but it jusn't stop saving. What am I doing wrong? I wanna play! O.O

EDIT: Crap, I clicked one time too many. Sorry for doublepost.

EDIT2: After some more surfing and searching for a solution, I decided to update my system firmware to Sakura 1.41. And,, it works! JOY =D

20. kedamono

Newcomer kedamono Member

United States
    sorry to ask but i haven't a windows computer so might anyone be willing to upload a patched version of the game cause i cant run the .exe file to patch the game