Kingdom Hearts 352/8

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by nezkeys79, Oct 10, 2009.

Oct 10, 2009

Kingdom Hearts 352/8 by nezkeys79 at 1:23 PM (1,922 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. nezkeys79
    OP

Newcomer nezkeys79 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    How do you get this working?

I came on here with another topic for this game and mario and luigi 3. I was told to use ys menu instead of the r4 frmware so I did. Mario and Luigi is playing now (and its great) but kingdom hearts still isnt working. I'm still only using a clean rom because any pre-patched versions so far have told me it will take 55 minutes to download and I have never been in an internet cafe for more than 30 minutes.

Can someone please help me out with this?!

2. Nugg2396

Member Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    use the unofficial firmware

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    55 minutes of download time? That's slow as hell. My download speed isn't exceptional but I downloaded the whole game in 20 minutes.

Anyway, you can play it clean with YSMenu or you can patch the game (there's links to a patch for the game on like 90% of KH threads) and play it with kernel v1.18. The patched version won't work on YSMenu, though.

4. gothx16

Newcomer gothx16 Newbie

United States
    I posted a tutorial on what I did to get the game to run. It works great for me, no freezing no nothing its the sorry re-posting KH 358 2 days working on R4Ultra. Maybe it could be of some use.

5. nezkeys79
    OP

United Kingdom
    From first post..... " I was told to use ys menu instead of the r4 frmware so I did. "

The rom I have is a clean one but Ill try it again now

6. nezkeys79
    OP

United Kingdom
    sorry my bad your right just put a clean rom on and its working now....(oh yes!)

The mistake I keep making is I keep forgetting to run YSmenu first. Is there any way to just make this program run automatically? Or is it better to leave it like this?

7. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    When I first Installed YSMenu on my R4li (About a week ago) My YSMenu starts Automatically. I don't know how I did it though, but it just did. I think you need to get a Newer version of YSMenu or something.

8. denieru7

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Guys, when using a2h's R4YSgenerator or r4YSauto, there are a few options. If you want it to boot straight away either choose the option for Ysmenu "as an autobooting .nds" OR "as a firmware replacement." I'm using it as a firmware replacement and I have never ever looked back. =D

9. rwgorilla

Newcomer rwgorilla Newbie

United States
    i use the r4ysauto as a moonshell replacement and just use it to play bowser's inside story. i don't have a problem with kh358/2 on my r4. the only problem i have run into is with bowser's inside story every other game works on the 1.18 kernel i ran the r4ysauto as moonshell b/c i like to be able to scroll through my custom themes on the r4 firmware

the patched/fixed versions of most games don't work on my r4 only the ones that are untouched i guess b/c i've noticed most patches are for the ak and m3 which led me to do the ysmenu route