Kim Jong Il has Died

mangaTom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Kim Jong Il, North Korea's mercurial and enigmatic leader, has died. He was 69.
Kim's death was announced Monday by state television from the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.
Kim is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008 but appeared relatively vigorous in photos and video from recent trips to China and Russia and in numerous trips around the country carefully documented by state media.

The leader, reputed to have had a taste for cigars, cognac and gourmet cuisine, was believed to have had diabetes and heart disease.
The news came as North Korea prepared for a hereditary succession. Kim Jong Il inherited power after his father, revered North Korean founder Kim Il Sung, died in 1994.
In September 2010, Kim Jong Il unveiled his third son, the twenty-something Kim Jong Un, as his successor, putting him in high-ranking posts.

Yup it's true

http://abcnews.go.co...56#.Tu6uK3ozKSp

Reactions: 1 person

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt bad the years back when the photos first showed up showing his state of health. It doesn't matter what the man did and and how horrible his rule may have been for those stuck with him--seeing someone in that state bothers me. No one should have to experience that.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm shocked. Hopefully conditions for the people may improve in North Korea, it's very very very unlikely but it might be possible.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2011=A bad year for dictators

Nice to see another evil person die, I hope Kim Jung Un does a good job in power, North Korea deserves better. Also open North Korea for trade in 5 years time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm shocked. Hopefully conditions for the people may improve in North Korea, it's very very very unlikely but it might be possible.
How do you know they're bad? According to their official webpage:

BUILDINGS
The traditional Korean buildings are adapted to the natures scenery and the temperate weather of the country and reflect the national character of the Korean people.
The traditional houses had only one floor high. The main part of the house was generally composed by three rooms:
The one next to the kitchen where the old family members lived, other that was used for library, and the third one called 'sarangbang' where the couple of the son lived.
Between the different parts of the house they had big doors that could be opened in case of necessity of creating a big free space.
Each room had an independent door to go outside, and the people never used the shoes inside the house.
The new and modem buildings of today have an average surface of 150 square meters fully euipped with furniture, heaters, fridge, colour TV, etc and they are provided totally free from the government to each family in the country, so in North Korea there's not just a single person poor or homeless.

Gonna be hard proving otherwise, seeing that footage is scarce.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Many people may not have held the best opinion of Kim Jong Il, but you have to admit, he had a good sense of fashion (and he liked to look at things :P ).

http://kimjongillook...ngs.tumblr.com/

If he has an open casket funeral, and if there is a picture of him, there should be one that says "Kim Jong-Il looking at his eyelids"

Reactions: 2 people

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol @ usa occupying north korea. that is never going to happen, Kokotaku.

also don't get your hopes up guys, this guy provided his sons with everything they have including their upbringing. all it is doing is bringing in another man to power to make nukes and do whatever crazy things his dad was doing.

imho the kid would be better off either discontinuing the nuclear program and leaving everything as it is now or doing that and trying to help undo the damage caused by his father with the relations with south korea and the rest of the world. will this happen? probably not. I expect more nuke testing in the future. sad.

but occupation of north korea? lmao. whatever. not going to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.