Gaming 'killer aps'?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly do you think the 'killer ap' for the 3DS will be? The system seller. The game that everyone will rush out and buy the 3DS just to play. More importantly, WHY do you think it is what you think it is? Here's my two cents. Well, two pennies anyway.

Personally, I think the killer ap of the games we've seen announced so far is most likely to be Kid Icarus. Reasons:

1) It's a new game in a series that has been in dire need of more installments from the start.

2) It's not a remake/port like Ocarina of Time, so it's more likely to hook new players and older players. I love Ocarina of Time but I won't be selling my belongings to raise the cash for the 3DS version 'cause there's nothing wrong with my N64 version.

3) Its fast paced action gameplay will appeal to a wide audience.

4) Pit has been quite popular since his inclusion in Brawl, people will be interested to see how he fares in his own game.

5) It has decent graphics and showcases a lot of the 3DS potential so far.

But that's just my opinion. What in your mind is/should be the killer ap for the 3DS, and why? The rules? Only games that have been confirmed to date are valid (the date when you post if things change). Anything we know is coming to the system is fair game but you have to justify it in all seriousness. I'd also appreciate if you consider the likely killer ap for the majority rather than simply the game you can't wait to play, unless they naturally coincide.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me, the killer app is (are) already built into the system. Face Raiders and the AR games will sell this system. They are the equivalent of Wii Sports, as far as I'm concerned. Those apps will sell systems, and it will mostly be from word of mouth.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3D camera and 3D screen are the real selling points for me.
If not for those I probably wouldn't have bought the system at launch.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by killer app, you mean "system seller," then I agree with others who said the 3D screen, Face Raider, AR games, etc. It all depends on the demographic, and what draws people to the system. I don't believe Kid Icarus will be the selling point of the 3DS for the majority of people, especially since a large portion of the younger audience could care less. Kid Icarus could be, however, a great selling point for gamers who really needed Nintendo to tug at their nostalgia strings.

It's no big surprise that I will say Super Mario Bros. 3DS will be a huge system seller, since every Mario game seems to achieve success. With this game, I have a feeling we're going to get something special, and it will have instant appeal to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou