kids broke ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by slickric33, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009

kids broke ds lite by slickric33 at 2:33 AM (809 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can a new ds lite play dsi games and if so w/ which flashcard. i have been reading and it looks like the same damn thing /w a few addons, all we care about is forawd compatability , so do we need to get hosed and buy the new dsi or another ds lite, we have an r4 and acecard so would that work w/ dsi games thanks

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    A DS Lite will NOT be able to play DSi games. However, most of these "DSi Games" will be DSiWare releases, so that's to be expected. The DSi is fully backwards compatible with other DS games, minus the ones that need a slot-2.

3. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Come on theres nothing broke here.

Youre just like my grandma triing to play a blueray in a regular dvd player.

For DSI games; buy a DSI. They are not more expensive for nothing.

4. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whatever, i still dont understand since looking up the specs on line , i dont see any diference , so i guess i can send it in to get fixed, for 80 bucks, but i have read elsewhere that u can play all dsi games on ds lite for their really is no difference except screen size , whick could screw up playing , but again , will dsi only games not play on a ds lite or can they w/ hepl od an r4 (why wouldnt they be compatable) technically. thanks again

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    The majority of new release games are for all 3 DS systems, including the phat. The point you've missed is that the DSi only games are only ones which require the DSi's new hardware (mainly the camera). Everything else will still run on a DS Lite.

Note that the old R4 does not work on the DSi due to new anti-piracy measures. Might want to read up on that first if owning a cart is a big part of your usage of the system.

The screen size won't make a difference as the resolution is still the same; the screen is larger because the individual pixels are larger so the picture will still be in proportion, just slightly bigger.

6. ashley.ince

Newcomer ashley.ince Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    dsi only games are not out yet to my knowage but some games offer a kind of 'upscaling' alowing use of the camara when played in a dsi

7. TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer TheWorldEndsWith Advanced Member

United States
    That sucks ..
    that happened to me too (The l button and R button broke)
    So i bought a dsi and it's kool