Hacking KGB DS Pre-Orders

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in the features list, they just listed pretty much all the basic stuff all carts do, but stretched it out to make it seem like a lot (clean roms, download play, sdhc, homebrew support). Not to mention how bad of a store Dealwoot is.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
CorruptJon said:
Yeah, in the features list, they just listed pretty much all the basic stuff all carts do, but stretched it out to make it seem like a lot (clean roms, download play, sdhc, homebrew support). Not to mention how bad of a store Dealwoot is.
How is DealWoot bad? I have bought a few things off of them and they are really good.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
NeSchn said:
CorruptJon said:
How is DealWoot bad? I have bought a few things off of them and they are really good.

Says the guy who's site is partially sponsored by them.

The cart looks interesting though, definitely not worth buying yet, but I'll be checking out reviews to see how it is, I might even ask around for a sample.
I am sponsered by them, but they are a good company. I have gotten everything I have ordered even before a became apart of the company.

Puss E ater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does KGB stand for? Please don't tell me they just picked 3 random letters and put them together to get their cart name.
blink.gif

When this thing gets slo mo in the next update or something, it will be kind of weird because the flash cart has such a weird ass name.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puss E ater said:
What does KGB stand for? Please don't tell me they just picked 3 random letters and put them together to get their cart name.
blink.gif

When this thing gets slo mo in the next update or something, it will be kind of weird because the flash cart has such a weird ass name.

At least its one letter more than the "R4". lol
But it is pretty simple. I hope they didnt just randomly chose a name and hope it will sell.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Puss E ater said:
blink.gif

Judging from the packaging, I would say the cart is probably named after the Russian intelligence agency. From Wikipedia:

QUOTEKGB (transliteration of "???") is the Russian abbreviation for Committee for State Security (Russian: ??????? ??????????????? ????????????; Komityet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti), which was the official name of the umbrella organization serving as the Soviet Union's premier security agency, secret police, and intelligence agency, from 1954 to 1991.

-Bri

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is the KGB gonna be worth our money ? if it was $15 -> $20 i would get it . but with that high price !? i don't think i will even be looking at that !?

but still tinymonkey , dooes that mean you are actually gonna buy it !? or are you just gonna ask for a sample cart ?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably just another Cyclo clone if you ask me like the edge
that what it seems anyway

btw why does everyone think they can get free carts now by asking for review samples by emailing sites stolen reviews on a freewebs sites?
not saying everybody but still, alot of people are starting to think this now
Ive seen a ton of threads about it also

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

btw why does everyone think they can get free carts now by asking for review samples by emailing sites stolen reviews on a freewebs sites?
Because the companies actually send them samples, not knowing that they are like 12-16 year old kids, and thinking that their site actually gets more than 4 unique visitors a day.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CorruptJon said:
Joe88 said:

Because the companies actually send them samples, not knowing that they are like 12-16 year old kids, and thinking that their site actually gets more than 4 unique visitors a day.
ahh. well a lot of people just ask for review carts just because they dont want to buy
but like i guess i like to see a different variety of cards and such
and be able to help out noobs when they ask 'whats the diff between flashcart A and flashcart B'
and i already bought a cyclo to begin with.
i do not have my own review site, as i dont believe anyone would actually go there
but i do have a youtube account which i review games (not very well)
and flashcarts.
i dont have bad motives :[

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Errrm, I'm a bit insulted, I work hard on my reviews. I work hard to contribute to the scene, etc.
thats why I said not everybody
but most people do think that

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can never have too many reviews or opinions on a particular product (unless your product is truly horrible, then it'll probably end up hurting you). The more reviews you have the more people you can draw in and quickly spread the word about your product to a greater distance.
lecture.gif

The more, the better, as potential buyers can get to know the product better before they actually plunk down cash through multiple reviews, outlooks, and preview pics/footage.
wink.gif

I truly respect Reviewers, as they take time out of their lives to sit down and write so that others can become more informed.
wub.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Errrm, I'm a bit insulted, I work hard on my reviews. I work hard to contribute to the scene, etc.

You do a great job. You're reviews were the first Flashkart reviews I've ever read, lol.

You almost convinced me to get a CycloDS, but due to my budget, I ordered a SCDS1 instead.

And, I really think they should just buy a cart, instead of just holding a free site, and demanding for a cart.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmm interestingly enough, a guy who recently bought a CycloDS Evolution from my craigslist ad said that he wanted to get one as soon as he read DSDatabase's review of it (little did he know I wrote it). Hehehe, suckers, I got his money good.
smile.gif
Hehe, interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?