CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe there isn't more hype around here for Ketsui Death Label. Of course, that's probably because a lot of you don't know what it is. So, allow me to be of assistance.

Ketsui Death Label is a curtain-fire shmup (also known as bullet hell, manic shmup, danmaku, or "Touhou style" (for those who think Touhou invented shmups)) originally released in arcades in 2003. It's developed by Cave, legendary shmup developer, and is being ported over to the DS by Arika, who handled the PS2 port of ESPGaluda, another Cave shmup.

I'm just excited to see the DS FINALLY get a Cave shmup.

Here's a vid:

The game's official Japanese release date is the 23rd of October, but we should be seeing a dump before then. So come on, I know I can't be the only one here at GBATemp who's unbelievably hyped for this game!

Ketsui Death Label Official Site: http://www.arika.co.jp/product/ketsui_hp/index.html

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks awesome!

I never really played this kind of games, but i do remember playing tyrian when i was little.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks great, but chances of it being localized are probably less than 15%. These games never make it over here.

Hi FF4 EasyType!

Edit: People who say "games aren't art" have never witnessed those curtains of bullets falling all around you. Tell me that's not beautiful.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...yeah. You have a point.

I'm reminded of this game, though I presume a lot of danmaku-styled shmups are like this:

shot00110.PNG

I have no idea what its name is, apart from "Samidare" or whatever.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking forward to this somewhat. (Truthfully I've been waiting for months, but I know I'm going to be disappointed.)
Love danmaku, hate Ketsui's hideous, pointless, eye-displeasing, screen-cluttering, GOD DAMN SCORE BOX THINGIES.
If they would just take those god damn idiotic worthless BOXES OF NOTHING out of the game I'd be happy(ish).

I mean, shit, I'm busy enough dodging light blue bullets on a blue background, I don't need to be distracted by SCORE BOXES.
Not like I need those thangs to tell me my score is going up.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been various threads before plus a lot of people said they were looking forward to it in my release thread thing so I think enough know about it.

The rest don't care I guess.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was really really hyped for it, but that was like back when it was like six months away, and nowadays, my DS has sort of fallen to the wayside for now.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like great fun, but I'm sure I'll need a cheat code to beat it. Ever since I lost an eye in 1991 my skill in action video games such as these has dropped considerably. I just can't track the action as fast as I used to........must be something like only one side of my brain is receiving visual input and therefore has to work harder to process all the action and the result is slower reaction times.

Either that or I'm just getting old and slow.....I'm 40. Probably a combination of both.

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I wannt the superplay dvd and the rom dump right now!
Did you hear INTERNET, right NOW!!!!

Ps: Really hoping that some of you are ordering/importing this at playasia, i wannt more cave things on nintendo machines and not only on 360 with regionbarriers.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoo. You can turn the score boxes (almost completely) off, and most of the menu is in english.
Having a good time of it.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're either an arcade scrolling shooter fan, or you are not. This one looks very good, though the bonus content and features requires the ability to read Japanese. Perhaps, we'll be fortunate for some folks to pick this up for a translation project. HINT!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5