Kernel help please?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Gintoki-San, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010

Kernel help please? by Gintoki-San at 5:27 PM (759 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Gintoki-San
    OP

Newcomer Gintoki-San Member

United States
    Okay I'm new to this whole R4 and stuff but I got a question; I recently brought a R4 with a microsd card 4GB.
    And I put "kernel 1.30" on my micro sd card. So far 2 games have worked fine; Legend of Zelda Spirit Track and Super Robt Wars OG Frontier saga whatever its called. Both games play and save perfectly fine.

However I tried putting the phoenix wright game series all save/load files either got corrupted and deleted. So I decided to put different games, but every other game kept getting the save file error and load file error crap.

So I was wondering if I were to put a older version of kernel lets say v1.18 (from R4DS,com) would my spirit track file get corrupted or would it work perfectly since I started the game from the newest kernal version? I just want to see if an older version allows older games work. But I dont want to ruin my save file since it took me a long time where I am now. xD

Thanks for helping me.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    There's no such thing as kernel v1.30 for the original R4. It's obviously fake firmware. v1.18 is the last official firmware. Other v._.__ that are higher than 1.18 are fake, don't try them.

Copy/paste the .sav files to your computer to make sure you have a back-up, in case they get corrupted, and use YSMenu. Make sure to use the latest DSTT firmware in YSMenu so that Spirit Tracks works.

You can find tutorials on this stuff through the Search function/Google.

3. Gintoki-San
    OP

Newcomer Gintoki-San Member

United States
    Thank you for the help, haha I got it off a mate, and so yeah...My bad.
    Thanks again~