Homebrew Kernel access on < 9.3 with ninjhax?

ultimatecouchpotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Gateway has kernel access. Technically ninjhax could utilize the same methods as Gateway to gain kernel access as well, but it's not going to happen.

What's to stop a regular homebrew application from utilizing the exploits?
ARM11 kernel, though. What's usually referred to as a 'kernel' exploit (bypassing security checks, emuNAND, .cia install etc.) is actually a Process9 exploit.

I would think ARM11 kernel would be able to access Process9 in some way. Or would it just crash as soon as you took control of ARM11?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway and Ninjhax use the same exploit stages, but Gateway uses less of them. Is it possible? Yes. Is it going to happen? No real point. Most Ninjhax based developers, including myself, are happy with what we have.

Reactions: Agent Moose

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Ninjhax creates a homebrew environment when it finishes. I don't know if a 3dsx can re-exploit the system to gain arm11 kernel or not, but you can make a new one based on ninjhax to exploit arm11 kernel (like GW). It wouldn't be ninjhax anymore though.
Once you get arm11 kernel you can find a way to trigger that undocumented p9 exploit on that page.

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see the 3ds homebrew community grow, good find. I hope someone can figure out how to get a 3ds running ninjhax to have a wider functionality range and more accessibility. I wanna be able to use my old flash carts but probably wont be able to unless I have a GW or ninjhax has kernel access. A homebrew channel would be more convenient too as opposed to ninjhax cart hbc loader but thatd probably have to wait until kernel access for cia file installers.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Gateway has kernel access. Technically ninjhax could utilize the same methods as Gateway to gain kernel access as well, but it's not going to happen.
Not gonna happen cause smea or somethin else? 'Cause didn't smea release the source and details of ninjhax?

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure Ninjhax use the same entry point, but not the same exploit, i think gateway use SSSPWN wich Ninjhax dont as we can see in the writeup of Smea, and we know that exploit never been released or anything and worked on 6.2 with profile exploit too.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Ninjhax use the same entry point, but not the same exploit, i think gateway use SSSPWN wich Ninjhax dont as we can see in the writeup of Smea, and we know that exploit never been released or anything and worked on 6.2 with profile exploit too.
The name of his exploit system is SSSPWN.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Well it could happen if someone wanted to do it and it should happen because people using NinjHax will need EmuNAND to keep playing games.

The white-hat shit around the actual free 3DS hack is becoming more and more annoying and by the time it'll even restrain people from doing what they want with their devices, that's not the point of hacking, people decide to install hacks on their devices to do what they want with them, not to be restrained by a new set of restrictions which let them do more than what they could do before, we hack to be free, not to have more freedom and still not be free...

(Don't get me wrong tho, I love what Smealum did, just saying that ninjhax in it's actual form isn't enough if we want a real hack on our devices)

Reactions: shawnanastasio

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, now that memchunkhax is known publicly, ninjhax can be greatly improved. Region unlock, cartridge removal, save file access, etc. for example.

Reactions: SLiV3R and Idaho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded