Hacking Kernel 1.11 and chinese 2 english patch solution?

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I haven't seen another post on this, but i tried the chinese to english patch on the new Kernel 1.11, i found it will load the menu in english but when trying to start a game it stays at 0% and never loads. From there I tried the patched 1.10 _DS_MENU.DAT with Kernel 1.11, and games and moonshell 1.71 load fine, but menu of course says 1.10, can anyone test and see if download play will work if you do it this way? Might be a nice workaround till we get the actual patch out?!

Flarghon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how you missed the big announcement on the main page, but the official 1.11 english firmware came out earlier today.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Not sure how you missed the big announcement on the main page, but the official 1.11 english firmware came out earlier today.

Well if you try the english kernel on a chinese R4DS it won't work and get a error at the main screen, the only other way to make it work is just to use the Chinese Kernel 1.11.

Simplified:
*Own a Chinese R4DS and use chinese to english patch with kernel 1.11 = no workie
*Use patched _DS_MENU.DAT from kernel 1.10 with the rest of kernel 1.11 = workie but unconfirmed if Download play works this way

Flarghon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, my bad on the misunderstanding. I thought you didn't know the english firmware was released and was trying to use the converter to get the jump on everyone.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi everyone, I haven't seen another post on this, but i tried the chinese to english patch on the new Kernel 1.11, i found it will load the menu in english but when trying to start a game it stays at 0% and never loads.
A new, working patch was released 6 hours before you started this thread and has been discussed in the original R4DS 1.11 firmware thread, so there's no reason why you should start a new thread about this.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I haven't seen another post on this, but i tried the chinese to english patch on the new Kernel 1.11, i found it will load the menu in english but when trying to start a game it stays at 0% and never loads.
A new, working patch was released 6 hours before you started this thread and has been discussed in the original R4DS 1.11 firmware thread, so there's no reason why you should start a new thread about this.

Link to thread would be awesome for me and everyone else that might be blind
wink.gif
Thanks!

BTW i have looked in a few of these firmware theads in the R4DS section and don't see it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.