Gaming Keep On Getting Disk Error's :(

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a PAL wii with a wiikey installed.

i havent yet ran the configuration disk for the wiikey which might be causing the problem but...

i am using datawrite red 16x 4.7gb general purpose dvd+r disks and i keep on getting errors on my wii saying the disk cant be read, unable to read disk.

i burnt it at 4x and i played the game for about 5 minutes and it stopped with an error after that and ive also tried to burn it on 2.4x and it still comes with an error.

ive tried a few games with 16x and they dont work too.

is this the problem with dvd+r disks as ive burnt about 30 successful games for the wii (exageration) on dvd-r's

ive just bought 50 dvd+r's too
cry.gif

whats the problem?

regards

yus786

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
some people say dvd+r's are at fault, however most of my games are on dvd+r and I've had no issues.

With good media of course. Verbatim (TY & MCC) works great, Memorex (PRODISC & CMC) rarely works well.

YMMV.

Sk3pT!kaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people say dvd+r's are at fault, however most of my games are on dvd+r and I've had no issues.

With good media of course. Verbatim (TY & MCC) works great, Memorex (PRODISC & CMC) rarely works well.

YMMV.
I've got a whole stack of games (Wii and GC) burnt on Memorex and never had one DRE or coaster.

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks people, il try to use the setup disk and change the wii drive speed to 3x but will that affect my gameplay at all like slow the games down?

regards

yus786

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cheers mate

i dont want that happening though

just found about 10 dvd-r's that i normally use and will use them until my other dvd-r's that i ordered come
biggrin.gif

thanks for all the help

regards

yus786

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol