Hacking Keep getting error message when trying to install Gateway

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, just did that, told it to install, selected the region, and it seems to be stuck at "PROGRAMMING", with only one asterisk in the progress bar. What do I do? Just wait? Is it safe to turn the console off right now and try again?
Close your 3ds (ie. put it into sleep mode) then open it again (can be done almost immediately)

Reactions: Blueie

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, just did that, told it to install, selected the region, and it seems to be stuck at "PROGRAMMING", with only one asterisk in the progress bar. What do I do? Just wait? Is it safe to turn the console off right now and try again?
you can wait for a few minutes.

If that doesn't work you should backup your sd-card (from you 3ds) and do a complete reset. Sometimes it seems to help

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
its happened to me a few times, just close the lid and open it and it will continue on its way
Close your 3ds (ie. put it into sleep mode) then open it again (can be done almost immediately)
Thank you, that solved it! I was finally able to install the exploit!

Another thing.

I'm following this tutorial:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/278794-GUIDE-Step-By-Step-Gateway-3DS-Installation

I just created the NAND dump and I'm currently on the GW GUI. Now the tutorial says to "Exit to the Gateway Menu, and force shutdown your 3DS". But when I select "Boot Gateway Mode", it says "Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode". Does this refer to the red card? I haven't prepared the SD for it yet. Can I simply turn off the 3DS with the power button instead?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you, that solved it! I was finally able to install the exploit!

Another thing.

I'm following this tutorial:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/278794-GUIDE-Step-By-Step-Gateway-3DS-Installation

I just created the NAND dump and I'm currently on the GW GUI. Now the tutorial says to "Exit to the Gateway Menu, and force shutdown your 3DS". But when I select "Boot Gateway Mode", it says "Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode". Does this refer to the red card? I haven't prepared the SD for it yet. Can I simply turn off the 3DS with the power button instead?
You probably don't need a MicroSD inserted to boot Gateway mode, it just checks that the red card is inserted as a measure to prevent clones from stealing Gateway's code yet again. If you insert the red card and boot Gateway mode it should reboot the 3DS (it will look the same but the version info in the settings will say GW3D), this means it's working.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can turn off the console without problem when you're in the Gateway menu.
And yes, it refers to the red card. You need it inserted to boot into Gateway mode.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You probably don't need a MicroSD inserted to boot Gateway mode, it just checks that the red card is inserted as a measure to prevent clones from stealing Gateway's code yet again. If you insert the red card and boot Gateway mode it should reboot the 3DS (it will look the same but the version info in the settings will say GW3D), this means it's working.
it only shows GW3D if you have emunand set up :P
you can enter gateway mode by just inserting the gateway card, even if there is no micro sd card inserted

didn't read the guide but also remember to press select once you enter gateway mode, a lot of the guides where made before 2.1/2.2 was released

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it only shows GW3D if you have emunand set up :P
you can enter gateway mode by just inserting the gateway card, even if there is no micro sd card inserted

didn't read the guide but also remember to press select once you enter gateway mode, a lot of the guides where made before 2.1/2.2 was released
Are you sure? I thought it would say that anyway since Gateway's patches are applied on the real NAND too.

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The EmuNAND will be installed in the 3DS SD, right? The SD that came with my 3DS has 2 GB of capacity. Can I use it for the EmuNAND, or a larger one would be more recommendable?

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Finally got everything worked. Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your help! Here are likes for y'all :)

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What was the problem then? Please reveal it, it can be helpful for other people in your previous situation
Well, when I tried to go into GW mode, it would alternate between failing to detect the red card, and prompting me to update the GW firm, only to produce an error 00000006 before finishing. I then noticed that it only detected the card after I removed and reinserted it. So I tried updating while holding the GW cart pressed down the cartridge slot and it was finally able to complete the update process, so it must have been a contact issue.

Edit: Curiously, there haven't had any contact issues since then, so maybe it was something else?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, when I tried to go into GW mode, it would alternate between failing to detect the red card, and prompting me to update the GW firm, only to produce an error 00000006 before finishing. I then noticed that it only detected the card after I removed and reinserted it. So I tried updating while holding the GW cart pressed down the cartridge slot and it was finally able to complete the update process, so it must have been a contact issue.

Edit: Curiously, there haven't had any contact issues since then, so maybe it was something else?
That kind of sounds like the problem some other people had. Gateway released a statement about it, I think, but I can't find it right now.
But you're right. It is a contact problem with a chip inside the card, and Gateway recommended using paper to make it connect properly. But apparently pressing it down like that worked too!

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally tried getting my gateway repaired, and this is the result:

the first time I inserted it and tried to update it, it didn't get detected. I took it out, blew into it and put it back in. this time it got detected and I started the update procedure. I was overjoyed when it went past the usual at which it was stuck, but then, around the 60% of the procedure, it returned back to 0 and started going back and forth, and after a few times it gave me error 00000006. I thought "well, let's try again, maybe it can make it to the end" but the gateway card can't get detected anymore.
I blew into it more, added layers of paper, tried to clean the internal parts, but nothing.
I tried forcing the update by holding R while entering the gateway menu, but it still gives error 00000006. for what I understood, the error means "card not detected".

helpppppp

p.s. I'll add a photo of the fpga later.

edit: here are the images. sorry for the quality, that's the best I could do.

p.s. the second image shows the part that, in the first image, is at the top.

7R8awjB.jpg

3lEzkzO.jpg
ANYWAY, I tried updating again after dinner and now the card sometimes is detected, but the update just barely starts at first, and always gives error 00000006 in the end.

edit #2: I increased the frequency with which the card gets detected by adding 4 layers op paper on the top of the cart while it's inserted, in the inner side (so that it pushes the top part outwards and the bottom part with the contacts inward, in theory at least). I'll keep trying other solutions >_>
I forgot to mention, I haven't glued the card back together, yet.

edit #3: when the card is detected, all the diagnostic tests fail...

edit #4 (lol): ok, it seems that it's a matter of thickness. I added more on a larger area and the update arrived almost at 50%. I can only keep trying.

edit #5: while more thickness seems to help, there's definitely something else wrong. the card doesn't get detected (it happened once, actually) after the error 00000006 is thrown, and all the diagnostic tests always fail.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FINALLY

I tried today and it updated at the first try. I'm so happy, also all the diagnostic tests turn OK. really, can someone explain this? LOL

the only thing is that I could update only one day too late to have an updated emunand >_> now I have to wait the next firmware update.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds like the time i had with one of the SPI error cards i fixed, one of the went fine popped in some plastic, boom fixed the other one was so fickle, but once i got it working i haven't had an issue since (but i do just leave it wedged in the console :P)

luckily the FPGA update seems to be a 1 time things, where as spi errors its not just the update you need to get it to last for you need it to stay in place permanently, although there is always the card1->card2 solution if all else fails

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1