Gaming Karous (MSC) NTSC-J on PAL Wii

Bv8360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I love the old shooters and managed to get my hands on Karous NTSC-J for my wii, i had to switch to 60hz and use freeloader to get it working, though once playing it 50% of the game is english - i assume there is more than 1 shooter in this package as the word "collection" is in the title. Once in the game on the main menu you have "Karous", "Radirgy" and "Chaos Field" - though i can only appear to select "Karous", once i have selected Karous i get three japanese options on the bottom of the screen to choose from. I have tried all three though it appears the same - i thought it may be difficulty i am selecting though the difficulty is in the options menu.

I can only run the one shooter, due to not understanding the japanese, anyone know how to access the other shooters in this game ?

I tried looking up on the net and also tried the game homepage (all in Japanese), i'm sure i am missing something simple. The scrubbed game is over 1.0gb, so i am sure there is more to it than the simple shooter i am finding.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bv8360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers bobevil!

I will keep at it - interested in checking the others out!
Didn't realise i could brickblock and regionfrii this - would have saved me disk swapping.
blink.gif

Bv8360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's some strange subliminal shit going on in this game!!
smile.gif
freaky words keep flashing up ??!!
I've gotten through a few levels (more bullets on the screen than you can poke a stick at) nothing opened yet, have not unlocked anything, patience and press on a bit longer, i'm sure i will get there in the end (if i don't start drinking Sake and driving Hondas from the subliminal stuff going on!).
wtf.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
This Contains an Update, 3.2J i believe (IOS36) so brickblock before playing on PAL

Also, why isnt this on the Release List? I know it was scrubbed, but it probably wont see a proper and unlikely to see it again unless released in USA/Europe

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I know that, but i thought at least show up as an XXXX release. The other scrubbed ones which are re-releases of course dont bother listing them.

This is quite a good game, just means some people might miss it if not on official release list.

Just my thought.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great game, Brickblocker and region free + 001 patch resulted in black screen or Title screen but unable to press buttons. Freeloader and 001 patched one works a treat though at 480p through component.

On this release topic, I don't remember these rules being in force with previous releases, like say dreamcast releases, for example and think its pretty much a gbatemp thing Or just the nintendo scene.

For example, I think most would agree that there are few more prestigious release groups such as ECHELON , SOULDC and PULSAR were also big DC contributors.

If we used these "unaltered image" rules ( which I suggest is a falsehood anyway, as every backup is altered ) , none of their releases would be valid. All DC games released by these groups were "Self-booters" meaning they had added bootstraps.

So how is a scrubbed image different from an image with a selfbooter ? You could argue that DC's didn't need hardware modding - but I for one feel that reduced download sizes are a great option.

This scrubbed stuff enforcement smacks of ego's and nothing to do with "old school scene rules" at all.

That said, GBATEMP does a great job of reporting, within its own constraints and is appreciated by me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol