Karous (MSC) NTSC-J on PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bv8360, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Bv8360
    OP

Bv8360 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Hi,

I love the old shooters and managed to get my hands on Karous NTSC-J for my wii, i had to switch to 60hz and use freeloader to get it working, though once playing it 50% of the game is english - i assume there is more than 1 shooter in this package as the word "collection" is in the title. Once in the game on the main menu you have "Karous", "Radirgy" and "Chaos Field" - though i can only appear to select "Karous", once i have selected Karous i get three japanese options on the bottom of the screen to choose from. I have tried all three though it appears the same - i thought it may be difficulty i am selecting though the difficulty is in the options menu.

I can only run the one shooter, due to not understanding the japanese, anyone know how to access the other shooters in this game ?

I tried looking up on the net and also tried the game homepage (all in Japanese), i'm sure i am missing something simple. The scrubbed game is over 1.0gb, so i am sure there is more to it than the simple shooter i am finding.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    Keep playing Karous ... the others will unlock ...

If you had patched the ISO with brick-block and RegionFrii, you wouldn't need FreeLoader ... I use FreeLoader myself ... I'm just saying lol

3. Bv8360
    OP

Bv8360 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Cheers bobevil!

I will keep at it - interested in checking the others out!
    Didn't realise i could brickblock and regionfrii this - would have saved me disk swapping. [​IMG]

4. Bob Evil

Sep 27, 2006
    My rule of thumb :

If it ain't from my region ... I brick-block it, always, at least ... then, I keep the freeloader at hand, when I'm booting for the first time ...

5. Bv8360
    OP

Bv8360 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    There's some strange subliminal shit going on in this game!! [​IMG] freaky words keep flashing up ??!!
    I've gotten through a few levels (more bullets on the screen than you can poke a stick at) nothing opened yet, have not unlocked anything, patience and press on a bit longer, i'm sure i will get there in the end (if i don't start drinking Sake and driving Hondas from the subliminal stuff going on!). [​IMG]

6. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    This Contains an Update, 3.2J i believe (IOS36) so brickblock before playing on PAL

Also, why isnt this on the Release List? I know it was scrubbed, but it probably wont see a proper and unlikely to see it again unless released in USA/Europe

7. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    I made a custom cover for this, but theres like no artwork available, so its good enough for now!

[​IMG]

Link to Cover

8. Bob Evil

Sep 27, 2006
    You answered your own question ... only un-modified, raw dumps can be releases ... if every altered ISO & rom was allowed, the lists would be almost endless ...

9. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    I know that, but i thought at least show up as an XXXX release. The other scrubbed ones which are re-releases of course dont bother listing them.

This is quite a good game, just means some people might miss it if not on official release list.

Just my thought.

10. Bob Evil

Sep 27, 2006
    I know, but the rules are the rules ...

That 'XXXX' stuff means most people auto-ignore the games, anyway ...

11. Scoobos

Scoobos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Great game, Brickblocker and region free + 001 patch resulted in black screen or Title screen but unable to press buttons. Freeloader and 001 patched one works a treat though at 480p through component.

On this release topic, I don't remember these rules being in force with previous releases, like say dreamcast releases, for example and think its pretty much a gbatemp thing Or just the nintendo scene.

For example, I think most would agree that there are few more prestigious release groups such as ECHELON , SOULDC and PULSAR were also big DC contributors.

If we used these "unaltered image" rules ( which I suggest is a falsehood anyway, as every backup is altered ) , none of their releases would be valid. All DC games released by these groups were "Self-booters" meaning they had added bootstraps.

So how is a scrubbed image different from an image with a selfbooter ? You could argue that DC's didn't need hardware modding - but I for one feel that reduced download sizes are a great option.

This scrubbed stuff enforcement smacks of ego's and nothing to do with "old school scene rules" at all.

That said, GBATEMP does a great job of reporting, within its own constraints and is appreciated by me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice