CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I really don't believe that was a joke.

Super Sentai came out in 1975 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers didn't come until 1993. Kamen Rider made its television debut in 1971. Saying "Kamen Rider is like Power Rangers" is like saying "Your father acts like you".

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
Super Sentai came out in 1975 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers didn't come until 1993. Kamen Rider made its television debut in 1971. Saying "Kamen Rider is like Power Rangers" is like saying "Your father acts like you".

Regardless of which came first, they sure look a lot alike. I'd never heard of this series before, and looking at the boxart, I immediately thought the same thing as him -- it looks like Power Rangers (a name and franchise I've seen and heard of). Of course, that also means I'll likely take a pass on the game when it dumps.
wink.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
I really don't believe that was a joke.

People have their own opinions. You have no rights to tell me what I should do. So...DEAL WITH IT.

Ashsurazenucu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
CyrusBlue said:

Regardless of which came first, they sure look a lot alike. I'd never heard of this series before, and looking at the boxart, I immediately thought the same thing as him -- it looks like Power Rangers (a name and franchise I've seen and heard of). Of course, that also means I'll likely take a pass on the game when it dumps.
wink.gif

Same company (Toei) does both, both were created by Shotaro Ishinomori (Who also drew the art for Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past comic/manga/whathaveyou for Nintendo Power,) so the two series having similarities isn't surprising, especially if you never seen one or the other before.

Both series do have different plots compared to the original, though I wouldn't consider it 'dubbed' so much as an adaption. And I doubt that anyone would have allowed the original PR to air here having the same story as Zyuranger, which consisted of a queen living in a time where dinosaurs and humans lived together, saw her son get chased off a cliff by a T-Rex, sells her soul to a dude named Great Satan for revenge, becomes a witch that can make huge monsters, starts a war, loses war, gets sealed away, gets unsealed ages later, but five teens with attitude were frozen in time and unfrozen to deal with her.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just very disappointed that both Kamen Rider and Power Rangers will end on Saturday. This really does spell trouble for live action shows in America but then again my country acts like having a lack of imagination is the popular thing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-