KaKaRoTo’s Jailbreak Exploit Works on PS3 Firmware 4.00

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find this CFW... pointless. The very idea behind CFW's in the first place was allowing users to back their original, store-bought games and play those backups, allow running unsigned code (homebrew all-sorts) and the return of OtherOS compatibility. This seems to be revolving around homebrew, thus I'm not interested. I see no reason as to why I should not be able to backup what's rightfuly mine and thus I'll wait till a proper CFW comes out - no homebrew on the PS3 is going to convince me otherwise.

If I'm at home, relaxing on my sofa, I can just as well run emulators on my PC, not on my console. What I can't do with my console and can do with my PC is replacing the optical drive without making my wallet bleed.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I find this CFW... pointless. The very idea behind CFW's in the first place was allowing users to back their original, store-bought games and play those backups, allow running unsigned code (homebrew all-sorts) and the return of OtherOS compatibility. This seems to be revolving around homebrew, thus I'm not interested. I see no reason as to why I should not be able to backup what's rightfuly mine and thus I'll wait till a proper CFW comes out - no homebrew on the PS3 is going to convince me otherwise.

If I'm at home, relaxing on my sofa, I can just as well run emulators on my PC, not on my console. What I can't do with my console and can do with my PC is replacing the optical drive without making my wallet bleed.
Remember Geohot's jailbreak? That was supposed to be homebrew-only too; but, as you can see, it led to so much more...

Point is, when a hack allows access to the CPU, good things are bound to follow.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm just hoping that someone will use it to build something proper on-top of it. As as*hole-like as it can seem, I'm not Indier than Thou and homebrew alone is not enough to apease my appetite. I want full access to the features AND I want to backup my stuff and put the discs were they belong - on my display. Why would I want to put excessive strain on the reader when I don't have to is beyond me - all I have to do is put the game in *once*, back it up and presto - it even loads faster.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this jailbreak is worthless to most users. I mean to say that most people have homebrew on so many other consoles and handhelds.
worthless to most users? wat?
you can say that about ANY device that is hackable/can run unsigned code. "why hack it? there are so many other devices that can run unsigned code." this is a PLAYSTATION 3. why would you not want it to run unsigned code? as for what he thinks of america - who doesn't have a negative view of america? i'm american and even i hate us. i don't care what this guy thinks of america or how many sugars he likes in his coffee. i care about the work he does for our devices.
they already showed they will ban you from online for using hacks so im not too sure about hacking it again
if you're going to use hacks on 4.00 you should disconnect your PS3 from the internet and be sure to remove your push list.
there are utilities to clear your log that gets uploaded to sony servers.

just so you ALL know, this JB WILL NOT LET YOU RUN BACK-UP(and apps like MultiMan)...
backup managers are pretty much inevitable at this point. no need to worry about that.

oh stop foxi we're all pirates. :toot:

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
When I bought my PS3 it was on firmware 3.41(I think) I should have hacked it. I chose not too and updated so I can still have online. Guess what throughout my 4 months of owning a PS3 I have never played a game online.
That sounds just like me only it is going on 2 years without going online.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just so you ALL know, this JB WILL NOT LET YOU RUN BACK-UP(and apps like MultiMan)

but
this WILL let you run HOMEBREW, like, Showtime

Who cares if his JB won't run backups. Sooner or later, Someone else will just use his work to enable backups.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am telling you, patience is the key, we will be able to play our backups on 4.00 soon enough as someone else will do what KaKaRoTo won't do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls