Hacking Just want to verify nes emulation

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been planning to get a supercard dstwo, but after searching the net for quite a while, I haven't been able to see a clear answer regarding nes emulation with this card.

Is this card fully capable (and one of the best choices) for nes emulation, or should I be looking at a different brand/model? One of my primary wants is nes emulation so if there is a better card out there for that purpose, it sould be good to know before I bought one
smile.gif
Thanks for any help!

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I know the DSTWO is the best choice for emulation when it comes to DS.
Extra processing capabilities etc.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again, just welcomed you lol

NES emulation is working on any decent flashcard, only GBA and SNES emulation are specific to Supercard DsTwo using its special processor (well, there ARE some SNES emu for common flashcards but really glitchy)

NesDS is the name of the emulator you are looking for, and it is the best of all the ones available actually for still getting frequent updates

Here is the last revision http://filetrip.net/f25613-nesDS-0-54a.html

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! yeah, i just replied in the other topic, too
smile.gif
Ok, that's cool about the supercard. I was just seeing so much about the gba and snes emulator that i started to get worried that for some reason nesds might not run on it. I see there's a lot of great info on this sub-forum so i'm sure i'll be spending a lot of time reading
smile.gif

I also found a random site where a guy had a mame emulator written that would work on the dstwo card! that's pretty awesome!

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
gbalight said:
smile.gif
Ok, that's cool about the supercard. I was just seeing so much about the gba and snes emulator that i started to get worried that for some reason nesds might not run on it. I see there's a lot of great info on this sub-forum so i'm sure i'll be spending a lot of time reading
smile.gif

I also found a random site where a guy had a mame emulator written that would work on the dstwo card! that's pretty awesome!
Ugh i wouldn't get any hopes up about the MAME emulator dude, it is more of a proof of concept as of now.. granted, only a first release 1.0 though, maybe it will get updates in the future and live up to the name of emulator, we can only hope so

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
NesDS is the best NES emulator but it runs just fine on pretty much every flashcart out there, it doesn't specifically need the DSTWO nor does the DSTWO boost its performance.

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
umm... don't get it from a random site, the mame emulator has been officially released by the supercard team, you can download it here

Edit: here's the official page

Thanks a lot! Yeah, that definitely wasn't the site that I found it on originally :/

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
gbalight said:
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ugh i wouldn't get any hopes up about the MAME emulator dude, it is more of a proof of concept as of now.. granted, only a first release 1.0 though, maybe it will get updates in the future and live up to the name of emulator, we can only hope so

yeah, that's ok
smile.gif
playing those full size arcade screens on the ds might not be so great of an idea afterall, but still, even if a few work it would be pretty awesome even if just for the "idea" of being able to do it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-