Just Turned Off

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Orel, Dec 7, 2010.

Dec 7, 2010

Just Turned Off by Orel at 6:32 PM (837 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Orel
    OP

Newcomer Orel Advanced Member

Israel
    Today I was playing Goldeneye on my Wii as I usually do, after not playing it for a few days. I played it for like an hour, and the suddenly, bam. Turned off. Not even a red light on the system. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power, I even waited a few hours and did that, but still nothing.. What do I do? :\

2. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like a problem with the power supply, not much you can do about it.

3. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    did you try wiggling the power cable?

4. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Plug it into a new outlet. Your current one might be dead.

5. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I have heard about the wii having a safety feature that keeps it off during currency surges. Wait after a day unplugged then try again [​IMG]

6. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    hmm if you look at the offical Nintendo Forums you must simply unplug everything from your wii for about 2-3 hrs also unplug the power supply so it's not plugged into the wall or the wii. I had to do this seeing as the 1st 3years i didnt really play my wii. Also when installing a Safe Updater befor i knew how bad they were i had a power outage and i had the same result wii would not turn on but when connected to my power tool it showed it was not dead. This is just a safety feature that ninty added.

If you look at you power cord you see that big block in the middle? well that's basicly a surge protector in a way if you get a power outage that block shuts off the rest of the wii so you dont damage it.

Turning your wii off for a day???? well like i said 2-3 hours is what is on the Offical Nintendo Forums and i have done that as well so your pick, 1day or 2-3 hours......... you can see for yourself if it doesnt turn on.

7. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    That "block "houses" the transformer coils... No surge protector. It's just that the current and voltage are lowered. Big Spools Magnetic field, lets the elektrons in the little spool move so that a lower,new current and voltage are formed wich supply's the wii the power. The two coils are physically apart. So theoraticallyt he Wii can never be blown. The adaptor ( tranformer) at the other hand can.