Gaming Just picked up my Wii!!

D

Deleted User

Could someone please tell me how easy it is to set up the wireless connection. Does the Wii have better than MAC address and/or WEP encryption? I was hoping it would have WPA or something similar.

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 questions for who has a wii already.

Have you tried saving games with a sd card?
Does a tf card with an sd adapter work also?

Any of you have bought a component cable ?
I'm really curious about the Zelda TP in progressive mode!

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone who has picked up their Wii's are too busy playing to answer our questions, at least I know that's what I'd be doing.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I have a n00bish question: is a SD included with the Wii? And if not, has the Wii an internal Memory?

Well it's just for information, because i already preordered it (Dec 7th here).
smile.gif

You'll need to supply your own SD card.

Wii has 512MB of internal memory for Virtual Console games and Wii game saves. You can use a SD card to expand that memory and also to play pics and videos on your wii.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii tonight as well.. been playing it for the last 5 hours lol. I also got another wiimote/chuck and Red Steel, Zelda, Excite Truck, Madden, and Trauma Center.

I made a Mii or two first, and checked out the photo channel since there was like 400 pics on my SD card already... Wii Sports was a fun warmup. I played against my sister. And Zelda fucking owns me. Anyone who has considered getting the GCN version instead only need to try out a friend's Wii version and you will be sold. Aiming is a breeze and you dont need your arms up and out all the time. You can just sit back in a chair and game like you always do, really.

@maduin: yeah you could probably fit it into an average size backpack, but I seriously doubt a laptop case. It's a bit thick.

@bigreus: the only thing I can answer there is that I have put in an SD card, but it doesn't seem to give me the option to save to it specifically. Perhaps theres some options for that in the Memory Management or whatever it was called.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bigreus: the only thing I can answer there is that I have put in an SD card, but it doesn't seem to give me the option to save to it specifically. Perhaps theres some options for that in the Memory Management or whatever it was called.

Supposedly when you connect your Wii to the internet, it will update to be able to access SD cards or something like that.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a small question, what is the VA rating on the power adaptor?
I am getting one imported next week and I need to know if my step-down convertor is good enough.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Hang on I thought he was talking about the Wii VM console games were a fake not the ISO's. Misunderstanding, sorry.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh man, i hate you!
frown.gif
Can't wait for mine to arrive, luckily some retailers are selling early and I can pick mine up around dec 5. Even bought a 4gb sd card already for 60 bucks!
biggrin.gif

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
My son has been outside in line for about 10 hours... 1 and a half to go.
Damn cold out last night... right around the freezing mark.
I stopped by at 6:30am (store opens at 10) and there were 45 people or so lined up for 42 Wii.
He said they are having a great time.

He'll just be getting an extra controller and the Wii... no games until Christmas. His dad's a hardass.
biggrin.gif

Mike

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, my attempts at securing a wii on launch day by just walking in have failed. Meijer had 8, i was 11. Target was sold out 15 minutes before i got there to wait.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I see I'm not the only one having trouble getting a Wii on launch day. Right now, I'm looking for a store that still have it in stock along with Zelda:TP which is getting harder by the minute. There were already campers in front of the store I regularly go to for buying my games so the Wii was gone faster than it came.

Most likely, I might have to wait until the next shipment arrive before I can start playing on the Wii. Oh well, I guess it just can't be helped.

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
I`m really jealous of all of you.
We won`t be getting our Wii until the 2nd - For once they are being weird and releasing it in places other than Japan first... Which is really strangely frustrating for those of us in Japan.

Ours is reserved though, along with the games we`re getting - So we won`t have to line up or anything. Just show up and pay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1