Just picked up my Wii!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by 754boy, Nov 19, 2006.

1. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    I guess I shoulda camped out at Mike's house! [​IMG]

(especially since I don't have the $$ to buy one myself.)

2. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    Nothing gets "confirmed" at Maxconsole, they're about as reliable as Wikipedia.

3. Alexeh

Alexeh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2006
    Netherlands
    That's just stupid lol

4. Solarboy-gil

Solarboy-gil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2005
    United States
    Hiding from yaoi fangirls >O<
    ii was gonna do that. but zelda was there xD

5. 754boy
    OP

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Update #1: I didn't get much sleep last nite. Took a few minutes to hook everything up and then it began. Madden was first. Hey, I love football lol [​IMG]. Anyway, it took me about half a game to get really used to the controls, but after that it was smooth sailing. The graphics weren't up to 360 level but it was suprisingly more than what I was expecting lol. I played 3 or 4 games and then decided to mess around with the tutorials. They were informative but kicking was still kinda hard.

Zelda was next. I didn't play too much of it because by the time I got finished with Madden, it was nearly 4a.m. and I was sleepy. But I did get to roam around the first area a little. The game is beautiful, really. And that's on my old CRT TV. So, after I finish this post and take a shower lol, I'm gonna really get deep into Zelda. [​IMG]

6. samred

samred GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2006
    United States
    Getting online: couldn't tell you if it's better than the DS, as my rig was already set up to connect to a DS and popped onto the Wii immediately.

SD game saves: In the settings, where you go to delete game saves, you can also copy 'em to an SD card.

Internal memory: Though it's advertised as 512MB, it has to be less; I threw my own 512MB card in and the system said I had 1000 more "blocks" on the card than on my actual system.

Other games: Can't help you. Just got Zelda. Am gonna check right now to see if the WiiConnect24 added any morning surprises...

7. matt1freek

matt1freek GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2002
    United States
    tampa,fl
    I camped outside rhino for 27 hours!
    #2 at midnight

8. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Just got home from Target with Twilight Princess and an extra Wiimote/Nunchuck set. What the hell though, I thought the Wiimote and Nunchuck were $20 each, not $40 and $20. Nintendo, what the hell...

9. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    $40 and $20 sounds right, does make the wii controller the most expensive.
    Add another $20 for the classic controller as well.

10. 754boy
    OP

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    I'm gonna wait til my next paycheck to pick up another Wiimote/Nunchuck set. Damn, this cash adds up fast lol. [​IMG]

11. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm planning on getting a 3rd (maybe 4th) Wiimote with Wii Play next year since it will be bundled with one.

12. DrKupo

DrKupo Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp

Banned
    Jan 4, 2006
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    I just got one myself. Busy playing WiiSports/Trauma Center.

13. maduin

maduin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    At the last moment, standing in the store and holding the box in my hands, I decided not to purchase a Wii. It's too close to Christmas time to spend $400 on myself. I think I'm gonna hold out until there is at least one online game released.

14. Scorpin200

Scorpin200 Iceman

Banned
    Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Maryland
    [​IMG] that's exactly what i was thinking, but that's how they make their money off or people who are impatient. When you really think about it that is a lot considering the system an all, but seriously all i want is zelda...i really shouldn't have sold my gc though. [​IMG]

P.S online is important since it adds to the replay value, cause there's always someone to play.

15. Scorpin200

Scorpin200 Iceman

Banned
    Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Maryland
    17 days for what it's out now...well it was out [​IMG], but the wii is worth something just not as much as the ps3 on ebay. It's like a buy one get one free, but whatever ever mother there will be shipments.

16. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Camped out overnight, got a wii and zelda. Huge fucking line at a best buy, tents, etc. like 60-70 people, and I drive down the street a little bit to circuit city with zero line. Even after waiting from 2am to 8am, still a couple wii vouchers left over.

17. Konamix02

Konamix02 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2005
    United States
    Alabama
    Calling my local gamestop...and they dont have any in...I guess I'll just call around places and annoy them til I find one. I'm not gonna buy it though. Gonna get me a 360 for christmas lol

18. Solidstate

Solidstate Newbie

I know I'm quoting myself here - but someone on the Maxconsole forums confirms that Freeloader will let you play other region games on the Wii (that's as well as the intriguing Gcos developments)

19. bakhalishta

bakhalishta my teef hurt

Jun 30, 2004
    Canada
    Camped outside Best Buy Angrignon in montreal for 8 hours and went home with a Wii [​IMG]
    The whole was actually quite fun except for the cold and those goddamn Best Buy Employees...

BBE : "So, you're gonna buy a product plan ?"
    Me : "Not really, I've had a lot of luck concerning video game systems and besides Nintendo's garanty is enough..."
    BBE: "There's no Nintendo Garanty."
    Me:"Of course there is, even your manager says so."
    BBE:"Well, he must be wrong. Anyways you should buy it man. I mean this is the first batch and your system WILL break. Did you know some guy on eBay bought one and his broke and now he's screwed ? Do you want to lose your money ?"
    *Another Best Buy Employee comes in*
    BBE2:"Come here man. Is this your first system ?"
    Me:"I don't know... I bought a microwave some time ago...does that count ?"
    BBE2:"No."
    Me:"Then I guess this isn't my first system..."
    BBE2:"You mean this IS your first system"
    Me:"Yes I mean this isn't my first system."
    BBE2:"..."
    Me:"..."
    BBE2:"The check out is that way. NEXT"

Goddamn best buy employees

20. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    I'm glad capitalism hasn't come that far in Germany, yet...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted