Hacking Just installed Softmii...now having problems

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just installed the Softmii, everything seemed to be working however some of my backups do not work. I tried 2, No More Heros, and King of Fighters collection. Both are patched to IOS 249 because I used them with Gamma no problems. Now the games show up in the disc channel but when I try to play them a black screen comes up saying there are errors and to eject disk and turn off the power. I know there is nothing wrong with the backups because they work fine with Gamma. I've tried some 1:1 backups of other games and they work. Is it because the other games are patched to IOS 249 that they don't work?? I though the system menu is patched to 249 with softmii so that shouldn't be a problem right? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

edit...

ok I tried the games on another wii that I did the softmii to and they work. The first wii I used was a 3.1 wii I had to update manually since it doesn't have wifi. I used IOS30-64-v1040.wad, and SystemMenu-v289.wad with wadinstaller to get to v3.2U. Did the softmii thing but didn't like the menu after the 42app. I reinstalled the systemmenu-v289.wad and it reverted the menu back to normal. I installed all the cIOS files again and this is where I have my problems. I figured after reinstalling the original menu It needed to be patched again. I did not reinstall IOS30-64-v1040.wad since I didn't think I needed to. Should I try to reinstall it and redo the cIOS files to get them patched again? It still says 3.2U. Somewhere something isn't recognizing my patched 249 IOS backups.

any help is appreciated.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use gamma for those games *fixed
smile.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your problem comes from not using the anyregion changer. its what gives the region free hacks, otherwise out of region games error like you are describing

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games I have are not out of region. They are both NTSC-U. I'm pretty sure I didn't even use ARC on the other wii where the games are actually working.

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-tek said:
afaik the patched games with ios 249 wont run via the DC only gamma

but on the other wii THEY ARE WORKING in the disc channel. Maybe it does have something to do with ARC. Since it's not WiFi though, I cannot connect to the internet to install the required files. Any way of getting them and loading them from the SD card??

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
read wiigators blog

Ok, got it working! Here was my problem...On the wii where the games worked, I had already installed Wiigators cIOS and the GAMMA channel to play backups. So then I thought I'd try the SoftMii and I can run games from the disc channel.

Now on the other 3.1U wii, I just installed the SoftMii package per tutorial...nothing else was on this wii. All I can say is that you seem to need Wiigators cIOS for the GAMMA channel installed along with softmii to get the disc channel working with patches IOS 249 backups. This was not in the tutorial. Am I correct in saying that the Wiigators cIOS is needed?? On the 3.1U wii, I just reinstalled the 3.2U system menu and IOS30 to get back to the normal looking menu, installed Wiigators cIOS, installed SoftMii's CORP, installed starfall to block updates, and now the 3.1U to 3.2U wii plays IOS 249 backups from the disc channel. What a PITA
smile.gif

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
if youpatch games to 249, you need cios 7 249. This was stated in softmii 0.9.5 guide, not sure about 1.0

ok, makes sense. Didn't see it in the 1.0 tutorial so that's how I missed it
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse