Just Guessing, Sharing Legit CIA's

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MAXLEMPIRA, Jul 16, 2015.

1. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Ok... right now my 2DS is on standby with a semi-brick, so I can't try it.
    I have another 3DS XL where I play with my cartridges while my 2DS is for Gateway and rxTools, and my idea is:
    I have some games that I bought on the eShop and are linked to my NNID, so... I could cancel my NNID in my 3DS XL and open it in my 2DS, then with FunkyCIA got the... CIA's with my 2DS unique code, restore my NNID in the 3DS XL and, simply install the CIA's in my 2DS after this.
    From what I understand, I will be able to open them without a CFW since they have the 2DS unique code, so... this could work and we can give this some other useful job... well, I'm just guessing after all, I really don't know if this could work, can someone tell if know something about this or if can try it?

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 25, 2014
    Cuba
    it will work

3. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Eh, unless it's the exact same system it probably won't work.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The only way to get your NNID on the other console is to perform a system transfer. After you transfer it performs a system format, so I don't think the CIAs will work afterwards without a CFW.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.