Hacking Just got SX Pro, backup NAND first?

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Just received my SX Pro.
Should I back up my Switch before doing anything else?

Should I run with AutoRCM or not?
So yes so the the backups with the verification checks ( will take awhile ) then goto hekate settings and turn it off. Restore your hand if you plan on going online. I did the above day 1, use a different sd card for sx and nx, always restore nand ( 15-20 minutes )before playing online ( legit games ) I dont update games unless offline with nsp. Make sure when your done playing sx you run EdiZon and backup all your saves so u can restore for next sx session. I have been doing this for a few months with no issues.

Zeus3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So yes so the the backups with the verification checks ( will take awhile ) then goto hekate settings and turn it off. Restore your hand if you plan on going online. I did the above day 1, use a different sd card for sx and nx, always restore nand ( 15-20 minutes )before playing online ( legit games ) I dont update games unless offline with nsp. Make sure when your done playing sx you run EdiZon and backup all your saves so u can restore for next sx session. I have been doing this for a few months with no issues.

I see a hole in your method unless you do a full backup each time your finished going online (but before using sx). If something changes legitimately while your online and you revert back to an older nand copy each time, then Nintendo would be able to detect that. An assumption I have is that your Nand is changing while online (even if slightly (eg internal logs)). A way to verify is to do a full NAND backup, go online, then do another full NAND backup and compare the two.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a hole in your method unless you do a full backup each time your finished going online (but before using sx). If something changes legitimately while your online and you revert back to an older nand copy each time, then Nintendo would be able to detect that. An assumption I have is that your Nand is changing while online (even if slightly (eg internal logs)). A way to verify is to do a full NAND backup, go online, then do another full NAND backup and compare the two.
I do a full backup and only go online with fortnight. the only sh*** part is i didnt do the original backup with fortnite installed to nand thus making me re-download it. plan on making another backup after installing. I dont access eshop but i see your point and have thought the same. I have done this for the past couple months and so far so good but im prepared for the worse

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used hekate to make my backup of the nand and boot0/1. I did not install AutoRCM since I’ll be using sleep mode anyway, so I don’t see the point. The only time I power off is to eject the sx card. It’s not much hassle (for me anyway) to use the jig each time I power back on.

Zeus3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do a full backup and only go online with fortnight. the only sh*** part is i didnt do the original backup with fortnite installed to nand thus making me re-download it. plan on making another backup after installing. I dont access eshop but i see your point and have thought the same. I have done this for the past couple months and so far so good but im prepared for the worse

Just curious if you updated your firmware on the switch without burning the efuses? A couple of months is a good run!

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used hekate to make my backup of the nand and boot0/1. I did not install AutoRCM since I’ll be using sleep mode anyway, so I don’t see the point. The only time I power off is to eject the sx card. It’s not much hassle (for me anyway) to use the jig each time I power back on.
The jig will damage your pins with time.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason i havent done that is dont want to use autorcm

yes depending on the type
if you are referring to the ones that come thin wire instead of paper clips and printed perfectly then it will reduce the risk of damage indeed, but not everyone is gentle and cautious about their console hence repetitive usage can damage it. Hence no one can say that jig is the ultimate solution to avoid Auto RCM battery drainage and potential shortage of life span.

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.