Homebrew Just got my Snes, N64 andGB emulators, but i cant save!

kissthestick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there

sorry im totally new to this, and i can get my games running fine on the rom/emulator, no problems there.

But everytime i want to press the home button and go to the save option while playing a game, it keeps saying stuff liike error cannot open directory, and error cant save.

what am i doing wrong?

Krove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running them from an SD card, make sure that it is not locked. This was happening to me yesterday and when I took out the SD card I found out that it had slipped into the locked position. If from USB, make sure the directory you are using is not set to Read-Only.

Hope this helps.

Krove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the other thing it could be is that the default setting for the directory in the emulator could be set differently than how it actually is laid out on your SD card. Something as simple as a capital letter where it should be a lower case letter or a missing letter.

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try it this way (I'm not near my Wii right now, so I'm working off memory).

For Snes9x GX
Rom folder: sd://snes9xgx/roms
Save folder: sd://snes9xgx/saves
For this emulator, you can go in the options and change the default folder, but this is the folders the program will look for when you first start up the emulator.

For Wii64
Rom folder: sd://wii64/roms
Save folder: sd://wii64/saves
As far as I remember, there's no way to change the default folders, so make sure you get them right.

Hopefully this works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker