Just got my Snes, N64 andGB emulators, but i cant save!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kissthestick, Apr 12, 2010.

1. kissthestick
    OP

Newcomer kissthestick Member

United Kingdom
    hi there

sorry im totally new to this, and i can get my games running fine on the rom/emulator, no problems there.

But everytime i want to press the home button and go to the save option while playing a game, it keeps saying stuff liike error cannot open directory, and error cant save.

what am i doing wrong?

2. Krove

Newcomer Krove Newbie

United States
    If you are running them from an SD card, make sure that it is not locked. This was happening to me yesterday and when I took out the SD card I found out that it had slipped into the locked position. If from USB, make sure the directory you are using is not set to Read-Only.

Hope this helps.

3. kissthestick
    OP

United Kingdom
    nah, its not locked

4. Krove

Newcomer Krove Newbie

United States
    Well, the other thing it could be is that the default setting for the directory in the emulator could be set differently than how it actually is laid out on your SD card. Something as simple as a capital letter where it should be a lower case letter or a missing letter.

5. kissthestick
    OP

United Kingdom
    the save folder, does it have to be named save or saves? and does it go in the root directory?

6. rolandde

Newcomer rolandde Member

Canada
    Try it this way (I'm not near my Wii right now, so I'm working off memory).

For Snes9x GX
    Rom folder: sd://snes9xgx/roms
    Save folder: sd://snes9xgx/saves
    For this emulator, you can go in the options and change the default folder, but this is the folders the program will look for when you first start up the emulator.

For Wii64
    Rom folder: sd://wii64/roms
    Save folder: sd://wii64/saves
    As far as I remember, there's no way to change the default folders, so make sure you get them right.

Hopefully this works.