Country
United States
-snip
"for the Wii it wasn´t one percent but more 1 in 3 persons"
1 in 3 persons :lol:
top_lel_by_turtledude999-d6ne7gv.png
that would be 33% ROFL

"

There aren't 10 billion people on the planet let alone 3DS'.

PS - Your numbers are injurious to others."

yes i know it was intentionally sarcastic

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-snip
"for the Wii it wasn´t one percent but more 1 in 3 persons"
1 in 3 persons :lol:
i corrected it as it was a typo, i was going for one in 30, then reconsidered how many people i know with a hacked wii and went for about one in ten, which appears as a logical number from a standpoint of personal experience

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i corrected it as it was a typo, i was going for one in 30, then reconsidered how many people i know with a hacked wii and went for about one in ten, which appears as a logical number from a standpoint of personal experience[/quote]

ok so about 3% then in germany ,maybe germans have higher percent of flashcard users than other countries

and we will never get to be anywhere near the number of ds flashcard users because ds scene beginning predated fw updates , most people do not want to be bothered keeping up with this or any scene

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And there's a hell of a lot more than 10 people that have bought a SKY3DS already.

*edit*
Don't look at your own direct group though, thats a "tainted sample".
Both the Wii and the 3DS have a large group of casual users that never look at the whole homebrew/hacking side.

Be it devices bought by/for a family or (young) child or people with more money than sense that buy each and every game regardless.
The WII especially thrives on those more casual/family users.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just goin by a temp created poll here a few days ago it was like 96% for not going to buy sky3ds
First, even tho we get your "being intentionally sarcastic" cuz of butthurt: 96<99,9periodwhateveridun
so: do you even math?
Math-Fail-Pics-101.png

and Second, you can´t really take gbatemp-users as a measurement for anything, as everyone who writes here either outs himself as a noob who will only post once and silently spectate from there on or someone who actually knows what he does, knows the scene and probably has watched it develop for some time. that DOESN´T apply to Sky3DS´s average customer at all

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just goin by a temp created poll here a few days ago it was like 96% for not going to buy sky3ds
I've seen atleast a dozen resellers already.
Lets assume each of them bought a limited initial batch - Yeahgeek alone shows it has had 21 transactions (31 devices) so far.

And thats one store. I've seen numerous others that are sold out and awaiting resupply - now I reckon they bought in a lower amount due to risk involved.

The way I see it, to SKY3DS' creators it doesn't matter who buys them (or doesn't) - every copy in the hands of a reseller is money in their pockets.

and Second, you can´t really take gbatemp-users as a measurement for anything, as everyone who writes here either outs himself as a noob who will only post once and silently spectate from there on or someone who actually knows what he does, knows the scene and probably has watched it develop for some time. that DOESN´T apply to Sky3DS´s average customer at all
Pretty much, most here hold off because they either are hesitant its gonna backfire or hoping that a better alternative pops up soon.
The longer it takes for people to figure out SKY3DS' secret, the more cards they're gonna sell.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen atleast a dozen resellers already.
Lets assume each of them bought a limited initial batch - Yeahgeek alone shows it has had 21 transactions (31 devices) so far.

And thats one store. I've seen numerous others that are sold out and awaiting resupply - now I reckon they bought in a lower amount due to risk involved.

The way I see it, to SKY3DS' creators it doesn't matter who buys them (or doesn't) - every copy in the hands of a reseller is money in their pockets.

yeah sure if the resellers are buying them they will be the ones getting stuck if they buy too much stock and over anticipate the demand, but sky will care when nobody reorders, or they wont if they are a fly by night looking to make a quick buck and disappear

Reactions: Danjal

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah sure if the resellers are buying them they will be the ones getting stuck if they buy too much stock and over anticipate the demand, but sky will care when nobody reorders, or they wont if they are a fly by night looking to make a quick buck and disappear
it´s no use in trying to show somebody who makes up irrational numbers (pun intended) actual RESULTS and personal experiences or those from scenes which didn´t change much in terms of outcomes over the last years, when he won´t listen at all.
I start to feel like i was talking to a member of some weird sect or something, so i´m just gonna stop aknownledging your answers as "existent", here. I would just block you, but then i would miss why others would rage over them xD

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
How long do you guys think it will take before we figure out how to re flash the ROM inside the Sky? I remember when the Gateway Brickgate fiasco was going on people had made drawing showing the various pinouts on the various chips inside these flashcards. Would it be possible to ground two of the pins while its powered to reset the ROM etc? Something stupid like that? Because this 10 game limit feels really artificial to me, and I thought these types of ASIC chips were meant to be re-written in the field.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because this 10 game limit feels really artificial to me, and I thought these types of ASIC chips were meant to be re-written in the field.

Dammit, I thought this sounded promising so I took my new Sky3DS out into a field to rewrite it, but it got trodden on by a cow :(

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dammit, I thought this sounded promising so I took my new Sky3DS out into a field to rewrite it, but it got trodden on by a cow :(
i dunno if this is funny enough to be considered a good joke or not, in which case it would be some kind of insult so i´m just gonna combine it: "xD f*ck you"...
No i find that was a good one, m8, thou shall continue to live in honor :P

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How long do you guys think it will take before we figure out how to re flash the ROM inside the Sky? I remember when the Gateway Brickgate fiasco was going on people had made drawing showing the various pinouts on the various chips inside these flashcards. Would it be possible to ground two of the pins while its powered to reset the ROM etc? Something stupid like that? Because this 10 game limit feels really artificial to me, and I thought these types of ASIC chips were meant to be re-written in the field.

AFAIK ASIC are not reprogrammable. FPGAs are.
Also it's very very unlikely that they put the info on the FPGA due to how impractical that is. It's probably stored on that SPI flash chip.
And if you rewrite the FPGA without the original design to write back you'll just brick it.

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS needs MOAR HOMEBREW!!!!

And who ever said no one hacks for home brew, I resent that. I can somewhat care less about the ability to play pirated games. The whole point of hacking to me is the ability to do whatever you want with your system/getting the most out of it. The pirating thing is just icing on the cake I guess....but who eats just the icing on a cake? The cake (homebrew) is what matters.

Whoever develops a card that can do what gateway does on 9+ gets my money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...