Hacking Just Got my R4 today in the Mail

wondrrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal to not have a microsd card come with it? Sorry for being a newb about it. From what I've read as far as it being fake with pictures and example of threads I've read, I don't think it's far too sketchy. Fake, clone, or not I would only hope it works for playing my games...nothing more.

So I got my package today in the mail and from what it looks like, there's no Microsd card. So where the hell do I get on that I could buy TODAY since I waited over a week to have my R4 arrive ( I don't want to buy anything more online, no patience).

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all, I'm sorry you chose an R4.

Secondly, a microSD card doesn't usually come with a flashcart, except when specified (bundles).

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Any electronics store or department store. ( Best Buy, Circuit Circus, Target, Walmart...) I have seen a bunch at Target for fairly cheap, like $10 for a 1 gig, nothing very high end mind you... but it would get you going.

The R4 does not ship with a card unless you get a package deal, just for an FYI.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you need to Buy a microsd card, SO go to a computer store and buy 1 (2gb max)
or
save money and get it online for less

some places that sell R4s have a bundle so the r4 comes with a microsd card

you didnt get the bundle so NO microsd card came with it

why did you got a OLD out of date r4?

there better cards for less or about the same price

wondrrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sounds good... I'll probably hit up target. I just had read somewhere that if the box doesn't come with a microsd card for the R4 purchase then it's a fake. Guess that's entirely wrong.

Jax, if you are sorry to say I bought a R4 then how come you're in a R4 main forum?

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wondrrr said:
Jax, if you are sorry to say I bought a R4 then how come you're in a R4 main forum?

Because I saw your topic in the latest discussions box?
rolleyes.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignore the trolls - I have an R4 that still plays EVERY game I try to throw at it (admittedly with the odd ARM7 patch, but it's no big deal)

~Very happy with my R4, and I'm sure you will be too
smile.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh boy another noob that didnt research
first of all no flascart comes with a micro ds unless it comes bundled from the retailer
2nd youre an idiot for buying a fake r4 now...
if you did any research you'd know r4 is dead

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
R4 isn't dead, if it were the forum would be abandoned like the DS-X. Don't troll, it makes you look bad.
lecture.gif

I have an R4 myself and I'm very happy with it. But I agree with some people, you should have known that no retailer bundles a MicroSD card with the R4 unless you bought it with the order or it was an offer somehow.
wink.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
R4 isn't dead, if it were the forum would be abandoned like the DS-X. Don't troll, it makes you look bad.
lecture.gif

I have an R4 myself and I'm very happy with it. But I agree with some people, you should have known that no retailer bundles a MicroSD card with the R4 unless you bought it with the order or it was an offer somehow.
wink.gif
am i trolling? not really. its just that every day theres some hapless noob that comes in signs up and makes a thread bout how they got an r4. 80 % of said morons dont do the research
why use/buy a card that isnt supported

we have all kinds of threads that say. stay away from the R4

wondrrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I am not a nerd, just a man who likes to play his DS here and there who has a very busy life that involves working hard to make money. So all I am hoping to get out of this is to play some games that I'd like to play without having to buy them, maybe some homebrew games could be fun as well. I thank everyone who has given the good information to me.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wondrrr said:
Basically I am not a nerd, just a man who likes to play his DS here and there who has a very busy life that involves working hard to make money. So all I am hoping to get out of this is to play some games that I'd like to play without having to buy them, maybe some homebrew games could be fun as well. I thank everyone who has given the good information to me.

Then the R4 lets you do everything you want.
wink.gif

chr0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
wondrrr said:

Because I saw your topic in the latest discussions box?
rolleyes.gif

Heh I don't think Jax was trying to be rude to you saying he's sorry for you getting an R4, its just that with some newer Roms which have come out and ones which will come out in the future you might have more problems getting them to work on your R4 without outside patches (arm7 patch) or 3rd party firmware (YSMenu). The REAL R4 team isn't releasing any new firmware for future roms.

If your happy with the current list of roms which do work on the R4 then Kudos you got what you wanted, but for the long run its better to have another card which updates its firmware and is still being produced (r4's arent being made anymore and there is no longer a support team).

I've got an R4 as well but have since gotten an Edge which was the same price for me. holds sdhc cards (have an 8g memory card instead of 2 max) and has updated firmware releases.

I too like my r4 for what it currently has on it but it is all the time becoming more outdated as we get newer releases which don't work on it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSTT : 11 dollars
Acekard 2: 13 dollars.
EDGE: Under 25 dollars, but does much more than what the R4 does.

The R4 you probably have recieved is most likely a fake, since the real ones have stopped in production. If you bought it used, then there's a perfectly good chance that it's the real one.

Nonetheless, the R4 lacks updates, and isn't able to play a lot of the newer games. Of course, not all of them has a problem, but a few of them do. The R4 team has stopped giving it updates, and is left as a "supportless" card. Some games require a Arm7 patch, and etc, while other cards don't need anything of the sort at all to play the games. It's not a very hard task, but doing that to multiple games can get a bit annoying.

The 3 cards I have mentioned are much better, and all of them has their own teams, giving them upgrades and firmwares. To my knowledge, there isn't any games those three can't play at the moment, while the R4 has a few I can name on top of my head.

Again, if you have purchased a R4 back when it was popular and when it was known as the best flashkart around, and is still satisfied with what it does, then there's no point of upgrading, but if you want official firmware updates with features the R4 doesn't have, then get yourself another one, since it only costs 10-30 bucks now, unless you get a Cyclo.

EDIT: The prices I've mentioned are available in DealEXtreme.com.

wondrrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got ff4, a few other games that I don't like but wanted to test out, and tried out one homebrew- pocket physics. I've been wanting to play that one it's so addicting!!

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
HBK said:
lecture.gif

wink.gif
am i trolling? not really. its just that every day theres some hapless noob that comes in signs up and makes a thread bout how they got an r4. 80 % of said morons dont do the research
why use/buy a card that isnt supported

we have all kinds of threads that say. stay away from the R4
And every day there are people who have no respect for people who do choose the R4DS. It's not their fault that their friends or some video on the internet recommended it. The R4DS is still one of the most popular choices so there's no need to be rude.

I only got into flash carts about 5 months ago when the R4s were beginning to phase out. I visited China for the holidays and asked to buy an R4DS and lucky me, they didn't stock R4s and sold me an SCDS1 instead. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol