Hacking Just got Acekard 2.1

ChaoDrake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I had just received an Acekard 2.1 that I bought from MyGamingMart. I followed the steps to setup the Acekard. I downloaded the latest AKAIO, 1.6 RC2, from the Normmatt website. I put the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file into the root of my 2GB microSD card. I then downloaded the latest AK2loader from the Normmatt website and put it in the _aio/loaders folder. I then created a games folder and put some games in there, specifically Pokemon Soulsilver, New Super Mario Bros., Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. I just wanted to try some roms out. None of them seem to load! I get into the AKAIO menu, but when I try opening any rom, it gets stuck on the loading screen with green letters forever.

Some things I have tried, I have tried reformatting using Panasonic SD formatter, redownloading the files from different websites and the same websites over and over again and putting them in the card. I have tried blowing gently into the place where the microSD card should go, everytime I put in the card, it makes a clicking sound so I'm sure it should be inserted correctly. I'm not sure what's wrong! HELP.

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
Yep, definitely the infamous bad batch. Download and install the official firmware version 4.07 from acekard.com and most games will then run/save properly, though you won't be able to play newer games with AP protection like Pokemon HG/SS or Bowser's Inside Story.

edit: I was a bit too slow with my post xD

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
tattar8 said:
random-passer-by said:
or Bowser's Inside Story.
Bowser's inside story? The last official AK update was in December; I would think it had been fixed by then.

It maybe works on the latest official firmware (4.21) but to be able to save on those defective acekards you still have to use the older version (4.07) which doesn't support this game. The clean US rom freezes on save selection screen (this is where the AP kicks in). I also tried the xenophobia patch and the AR codes: the patched rom won't load at all (two white screens), and the AR codes don't fix anything at all.

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see the reason why of buying an AceKard 2.1 when you can order the 2i for like $2 more :S

BUT .... Yes it's known as a really bad batch so I suggest refunding it and getting a 2i.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or just wait. Norm seems have it working on the bad batch AK2.1's for AKAIO but still needs to refine it a bit.

alcaholjunkie said:
Hakoda said:
Another World said:
and as for the bad batch 2.1.... all i say is wait for the next public release of akaio =)

-another world

Just a little motivation for all you with bad AK2.1's...

Yeah and the new akaio loader will have a nice rainbow loading message on the bad batch of ak2's!
happy.gif

EDIT: it's not a joke btw, norm has got these bad batch ak2's working but he said he is still working on the loader before releasing it. Here's a little preview I made on my mobile phone so quality is crap, lol. AKAIO 1.6 working on bad batch ak2
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: