Hacking Just got a Modchip Installed.

visualise-this

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a mod chip installed. Put Wii Party in my console and its asking to update. Will it brick my console or stop the chip from working?

visualise-this

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
danielkraak said:
Seriously... More info please! What modchip?

And never update your Wii with games from other regions!

Its from the same region
smile.gif
The modchip is kbridge2. I posted a thread about it yesterday and noone knew it was so I thought that it would be pointless to mention it

Posts merged

QUOTE(Majroa @ Oct 24 2010, 09:56 PM) Update, no worries.
Seriously?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Majroa said:
Update, no worries.

update when he obviously has no clue and gave little info of his setup.

Pure genius
rolleyes.gif

but yeah if its in region no loss other than going over 4.1 and losing the chips region free but then there's always gecko.

visualise-this

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majroa said:
Well, if it is from the same region, why worry?
I don't know. The guy told me not to update my wii and I could never play new games but he didn't sound like he had any idea what he was talking about.. I'm just worried that i'll update and my modchip will stop working or something :S

visualise-this

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Matthew said:
Just wondering, why didn't you softmod? After all its free.
Because I hadn't been in the wii scene in ages and didn't know that soft mods had come available. I only found out after coming here for help with the mod chip

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
Majroa said:
Update, no worries.

but yeah if its in region no loss other than going over 4.1 and losing the chips region free but then there's always gecko.

Losing region free isn't much of a problem if you use RegionFrii to change the ISO ?

I'm on 4.3 myself so I probably lost it a while ago, but I always patch my games over anyway, seems safer to me to scrub them and region patch them.

visualise-this

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should I try updating my Wii from the settings menu then trying it with the chip. Will there be any risk of bricking/the chip not working this way?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
visualise-this said:
Should I try updating my Wii from the settings menu then trying it with the chip. Will there be any risk of bricking/the chip not working this way?

Honestly I have my Wii chipped and moded with the homebrew channel, I would recommend that any day of the week
smile.gif

Chips are nice, but Homebrew is just fantastic.

Also there is probably no risk right now at 4.3, but make sure your chip is updated to the latest firmware.

Also if your not at 4.3 on your Wii I would install any hacks you wish to have now, since you can still hack a 4.3 Wii its just a lot easier at any version lower then 4.3

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no risk on 4.3, but there's no point, stick with 4.1, 4.3 just blocks some homebrew launching methods (although once you have hbc installed it doesn't really matter, and the fact that you have a mod chip means you can use any of the other exploits anyways.) Use priiloader to block updates. And search around to see what IOSes you need to run a certain game. Do alittle research before doing anything. At least read the stickies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb