Hacking Just getting started

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a good tutorial to install the cfw and set up the ftp so I can transfer backups. Google produces way too many so I thought I would get a trusted one from here. Thanks in advance.

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Looking for a good tutorial to install the cfw and set up the ftp so I can transfer backups. Google produces way too many so I thought I would get a trusted one from here. Thanks in advance.

Use the first two steps of this guide for installing CFW.
Use this as your backup manager.
Use this to get PSN.

Hope I helped you!
smile.gif

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Thanks for the link. Quick question, I have a US console, will EUR backups work?

Yes.
Follow the first guide only till step 2.
Also, if you have a external hdd, you don't need FTP because the latest MultiMAN supports NTFS.

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare external but I also wanted to use the 250 gig internal as well. How do you transfer the backups to either?

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
I have a spare external but I also wanted to use the 250 gig internal as well. How do you transfer the backups to either?

You put the backup on the external and then you copy it to the internal using MultiMAN. Also, to enable the NTFS driver in MultiMAN, press Start + dpad up.

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Man, you are a lifesaver. Thanks a bunch for all the info. Gonna give it a go in the morning.

No probs.
wink.gif

If you have any more problems, PM me or post here and I'll gladly help you.

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just doing a little research, do you still have to have an original disc in the drive for backups to work? I cant seem to find a clear answer. Also I am gonna put the games on an external free agent go to transfer them to the ps3 internal, do I just put them on the root of the drive or do I need a specific folder? And if I am playing them from external, where do they go? One more quick question, yes I know I am annoying! Is it possible to rip a ps3 disc to the internal drive, or external for that matter?

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Just doing a little research, do you still have to have an original disc in the drive for backups to work? I cant seem to find a clear answer. Nope

Also I am gonna put the games on an external free agent go to transfer them to the ps3 internal, do I just put them on the root of the drive or do I need a specific folder? You can put them anywhere. Putting them on the root will be better because then they'll be easier to find.

And if I am playing them from external, where do they go? Same as above.

One more quick question, yes I know I am annoying! Is it possible to rip a ps3 disc to the internal drive, or external for that matter?Dunno about external but yes, using MultiMAN you can rip them to the internal drive.

Hope this answered your questions!
happy.gif

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, multiMAN can rip to ext. hdds as well. When you press "O" to copy, you will be prompted if you want to backup to the internal; if you press "no" and have an external hdd plugged into the USB port, the next prompt will ask if you want to copy to usb hdd instead.

From my experience, there are a couple of games that still require "an original" disk in the drive; but you can use any PS3 disk as a "trigger" disk. I use the install disk that came with my Move Bundle PS3.

C

croagunk.master

mechadylan said:
Yes, multiMAN can rip to ext. hdds as well. When you press "O" to copy, you will be prompted if you want to backup to the internal; if you press "no" and have an external hdd plugged into the USB port, the next prompt will ask if you want to copy to usb hdd instead.

From my experience, there are a couple of games that still require "an original" disk in the drive; but you can use any PS3 disk as a "trigger" disk. I use the install disk that came with my Move Bundle PS3.

Nope. This was the first MultiMAN which had discless support and all versions released after it had discless support too.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:

Nope. This was the first MultiMAN which had discless support and all versions released after it had discless support too.
Oops, I forgot to mention that I stopped using multiMAN around 1.14.xx. The whole "app_folder" XMB thing confused the hell out of me and I cowardly jumped ship. I've had better success with Rogero for backup loading, but still use mM for file management. Some day I will try a newer version of mM as I now have a clearer understanding of the XMB Game icons.

C

croagunk.master

mechadylan said:
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:

Oops, I forgot to mention that I stopped using multiMAN around 1.14.xx. The whole "app_folder" XMB thing confused the hell out of me and I cowardly jumped ship. I've had better success with Rogero for backup loading, but still use mM for file management. Some day I will try a newer version of mM as I now have a clearer understanding of the XMB Game icons.

Ah, so that answers it. Also, the newer versions of MultiMAN are pretty awesome and easy to use so yeah, try the latest version out.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:

Ah, so that answers it. Also, the newer versions of MultiMAN are pretty awesome and easy to use so yeah, try the latest version out.
Ty, I think I'll prob be experimenting with it in the next coupla days. I'll more than likely have some questions of my own that follow.
tongue.gif

C

croagunk.master

mechadylan said:
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:
croagunk.master said:
mechadylan said:

Ty, I think I'll prob be experimenting with it in the next coupla days. I'll more than likely have some questions of my own that follow.
tongue.gif

I'll gladly help you.
smile.gif

Just PM me and I'll get in touch with you ASAP.

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got cfw and Multiman going, put my games on an external 320 gig free agent go formatted to ntfs and cant get it recognized by multiman. Tried dpad up and start but nothing. Ideas?

Edit - multiman appears to freeze causing me to hard reboot the ps3 after loading the ntfs driver.

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Ok, got cfw and Multiman going, put my games on an external 320 gig free agent go formatted to ntfs and cant get it recognized by multiman. Tried dpad up and start but nothing. Ideas?

Edit - multiman appears to freeze causing me to hard reboot the ps3 after loading the ntfs driver.

Did you try installing the package which has WT written in the end?

C

croagunk.master

scottieb99 said:
Not exactly sure what ur talking about

Open the MultiMAN archive and use multiMAN ver 1.16.03 BASE (20110225_200000) WT.pkg this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4