wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was fantastic - is it the best handheld Zelda ever made?

I really enjoyed it - it wasn't that hard BUT I think it was pitched about right. Eactly the sort of game I love Nintendo for, and my DSL had been lying around for a couple of months, so it's been revived...

what's the next AAA coming out then?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was fantastic - is it the best handheld Zelda ever made?

I really enjoyed it - it wasn't that hard BUT I think it was pitched about right. Eactly the sort of game I love Nintendo for, and my DSL had been lying around for a couple of months, so it's been revived...

what's the next AAA coming out then?
Definitely not the best handheld Zelda. Oracle of Seasons & Ages and Links Awakening are miles better.

First time I completed I loved it though I felt like I've played it all before and it was stupidly easy. The second time I didn't enjoy it that much, kinda fount it boring to be honest. The dungeon bits felt like a chore. Every proper Zelda game I've played apart from maybe Minish Cap have had excellent replay value, this one I fount very lacking second time round.

Next triple A title for me is Dementium: The Ward, Nintendo's next big title is probably Mario Party DS though I can't say I'm that fussed about it.

wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awakening was the one I would say is my favourite, i'm not sure if that was because I was 13 years old then and played my original gameboy to death or because it was a better game.

I'm more patient in my old age so I like plot development more than I ever did, and I think that this one did that better than awakening.

Minish cap is actually my least favourite Zelda title (I never played the 3DO games!).

Not bothered by Marion Party, I haven't played the 8 console games so I can't see a DS version turning me round. When I think about the great games I've played this year, Hourglass, Twilight Princess, Resi 4, Paper Mario etc. I know that I will love Metroid when it comes out here and obviously Mario but outside those 2 I'm not sure about big titles for DS and Wii...am I missing something?

Hopefully Nintendo won't let its dominance slip with a dirth of quality titles.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres many of great quality titles to come.

Get ready for a plug...

Stay tuned for my "NDS Titles Due Next Week Threads". Theres a few next week that look tasty and then its a flood every week.
wink.gif

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
This Zelda was a really good one for me, adding more emotional themes than the older ones like the "Oracle" one and "Link's Awakening".

The end when Linebeck goes away while you spend so much time learning to appreciate him is frustating and kinda reminded me of "Okami" ending too.

The stylus is so used in this game that it should be an exemple of the DS exemple for RPG and/or action games. I don't understand people complaining about this "all with stylus" gameplay and wanting to run around with the D-Pad.

Great great game I won't forget soon, every Zelda game kinda leaves a mark on me \o/

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
It is a great game indeed, albeit too short but every second spent was a gem to me anyway.

I actually loved the stylus control over the d-pad, which usually makes my hand cramps after a while.

my only complain with the stylus control would be the rolling, I find hard to be done properly. :|

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a great game indeed, albeit too short but every second spent was a gem to me anyway.

I actually loved the stylus control over the d-pad, which usually makes my hand cramps after a while.

my only complain with the stylus control would be the rolling, I find hard to be done properly. :|

if you do a tiny double tap to the edge of the touch screen - its easier to roll than trying to do a small circle.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess he means, all the games he's played after beating Phantom Hourglass twice have just been not able to reach the level that PH reached in greatness. Well at least that's what I think he said. >_>

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
How long did it take you guys through on the first try?

I looked at a FAQ last night, and it seems that it will be a fairly short game.

Not sure I really care for they stylus, or actually for the notion of having to use the sylus for everything all the time. I usually play my DS in bed before sleeping and it's inda a pain for any longer than say 20 minutes of gameplay.

ohmy.gif
I liked Minish Cap. Like this one too, prob won't play twice...but I did beat HL2 for like the third time last night
grog.gif
- prob a personal record for most times beat one game before, well maybe Super Metroid I might have beat three times counting the remake.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mattchase00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I truly am sorry this game just gave me a feeling of thats it?

Sigh usually I'm a big fan of legend of zelda, but i was just left with a hollow feeling of it being anti-climatic, im not saying it wasnt a good game. I just thought that there would be more too it...

maybe... just maybe video games weren't as hard as they used to be...

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i definitely got the same feeling of "thats it?" they really should have made the end boss harder, or with a much more drawn out - epic battle like in a link to the past.

great game over all, but still should have had a more epic final battle.

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I rather disliked the game, I though it was stupidly easy and boring and the non-canon-osity of the game made me think that PH is the worst Zelda since the CD-I days. When I play a zelda game, I want to know more about Ganon, Hyrule, Zelda, the wars. The holy fracking triforce. Not the defenition of "And he lived happily ever after" seen from windwakers perspective.

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rather disliked the game, I though it was stupidly easy and boring and the non-canon-osity of the game made me think that PH is the worst Zelda since the CD-I days. When I play a zelda game, I want to know more about Ganon, Hyrule, Zelda, the wars. The holy fracking triforce. Not the defenition of "And he lived happily ever after" seen from windwakers perspective.

the best ds game is worst than a crappy zelda cd-i game? looks like you got your fan-boy hat on tight

admittedly the game wasn't all that hard, but it was damn engaging, zelda or no...
and like what the some of the others have said, games that have come since are 'meh' in comparison

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

the best ds game is worst than a crappy zelda cd-i game? looks like you got your fan-boy hat on tight

admittedly the game wasn't all that hard, but it was damn engaging, zelda or no...
and like what the some of the others have said, games that have come since are 'meh' in comparison
The best ds game? And you're calling HIM a fanboy? Hi Pot, meet Kettle.

I don't think it's a BAD game but it certainly isn't one of the best zelda games. At least, for those of us that are old enough to remember the great ones
wink.gif

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you got a point there....
i am not saying that it's the best zelda game,
but it's pretty much tops for me on the ds...
its a huge exaggeration to compare it to the cd-i games

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The best ds game? And you're calling HIM a fanboy? Hi Pot, meet Kettle.

I don't think it's a BAD game but it certainly isn't one of the best zelda games. At least, for those of us that are old enough to remember the great ones
wink.gif

Here Here

CannonBallZ: I was not comparing it to the CD-I games. I said it the worst SINCE the CD-I games. That is. No other game in the franchise has been this bad since then. But I still cant name one game except for the CD-I ones that I disliked more than this.

And no, I do certainly not consider PH the best DS game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1