Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
It only took me 3 or 4 game sessions to complete the main storyline. When I completed it I was like "what ? already ? But when I started playing, I was only at 15% or so of the game ?". But when I think about it, I played something like 5 hours each time, so it really took me 15 to 20 hours to get to the end, and I still had 40% of the game completed.

I got to say though, it looks like they rushed the end a bit. I was disapointed that you can't *SPOILER* visit properly the area around the Wonder Tower. I"m a bit skeptical on the Joker dying... *SPOILER*.I'm enthusiastic on the sequel they'll make though. The "prophecy" told by Azrael is promising, I'm hoping for a "Batman : Gotham City" with the whole Gotham City available, some kind of GTA-like or say, Assassin's Creed-like Batman. You'd take the batmobile, patrol in the streets, etc... With the gameplay and the design quality they put in those two first games, that would be the best superhero game ever !

As for Arkham City, I still have to complete the Hush secondary misson, and I believe I still have one to do with Freeze too. Then, getting all of the Riddler's trophies, to free all of the hostages, but I doubt I will get them all.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
In an overall comparison to Arkham Asylum, how would you judge it? Better, worse, or just about the same?

I actually started playing both titles starting from last Friday. I finished Arkham Asylum and found it to be sofa king amazing. It took me quite some time though since I like to collect as many Riddler Trophies and such whenever I have the chance; especially, as soon as I unlock new equipment. I'm also playing the same way in Arkham City but I'm only on the Freeze/Penguin part of the game atm.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I judge it better. I see it as an evolution. Asylum was really linear, while City is much more free, in an open world, yet not THAT open. It is why I hope the next game will feature a big (I'm talking Assassin's Creed cities-big), open Gotham City. It would be the logical evolution.
Back to City : The whole game, especially character design, is eye-candy. The fans will find many many stuff that will please them, and I'm sure I have not seen everything yet.
If I had to point negative points, I'd say sometimes you get lost in the controls with so many gadgets. Using them with the quick-controls in a battle is not easy. And as I said, the end of the game, and the anti-climax about that Protocol 10 thing, which will make you say "that's it ?".

Oh and I also love how good the voice acting is, even in French : they took most of the voices from the old animated series, and even the French voice from the Penguin in Batman Returns, who happens to be the same guy who dubs Homer Simpson. Fun fact, his wife, who is also the French voice for Marge Simpson, is voicing Catwoman in the game (and also in the original animated series).
That said, I'd like to have the possibility to select the original English voices, would it be only for Mark Hamill's Joker.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really loved the game. The ending might have been rushed, but I honestly couldn't tell; I was so caught up in the story to notice by that point.

As for the Joker's fate... I'm curious to see what they do with it. It is Mark Hamill's last time playing the role, so they might just want to keep it as it is; then again, if Hamill changes his mind or they get another voice actor, there are more than enough possible outs for them to take.

Anyway, I absolutely loved this game. I can't wait to see where the franchise goes from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.