drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

About a year ago I bought a used slim PS3 - was going to get the "super slim" but heard the ODEs weren't able to be installed without soldering, so I got a 2100 model slim instead, since I heard that was the newest one that was compatible with the solderless ODE.

However, I heard that the 3K3y was blocked before it even came out for the slims and that you can't update to the newest firmware or use PSN.

I expressly bought the slim and updated it to the newest FW at the time so that I could play my legal PSN games on it as well. I already own a CECHA01 running one of reBUG's custom firmwares, and the big downfall is not being able to use PSN.

Is it still worth holding onto this or should I just sell the thing and give up on my hopes of being able to make/play legit game backups while being online? I don't care that it won't be able to do unsigned code, that's what I have my CECHA01 for, I just want to be able to backup my games to a hard drive so I can have them all installed.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got 2 PS3, one for piracy and one for legit online use. That sounds like the way you should be doing it. I thought sony blocked all the ode devices.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I want to be able to get trophies on copied games. :P

So basically there's no point to having an ODE at all if you have to stay offline anyway? Mayaswell just use CFW at that point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm