Just brought an Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Mantis41, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010

Just brought an Acekard by Mantis41 at 2:12 PM (1,107 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Mantis41
    OP

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The card arrived this morning (Saturday delivery). I only ordered it on Thursday night.
    I have loaded 1.6RC1 firmware and run a newish rom without any errors or problems so all seems to be ok.

The packaging looks legit but the card has no labels or markings on it whatsoever is this normal?
    I need to press A from the DS boot menu to make it run. Is there a way to make it autoboot?
    Will the Acekard work with the R4 saves? So far I haven't had a lot of success getting the old save games to work.

Cheers
    [​IMG]

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Yes, they use the same type of save.
    Apparently you'll need to rename them from .SAV to .sav and in the AceKard/AKAIO settings choose to have it look for ".sav" and not ".nds.sav"

3. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    Brilliant, Thanks. Saves and everything working flawlessly. Bye Bye R4..

4. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    It's usually the (chinese) distributors who are placing stickers on carts, so you're not supposed to receive one without it. It can get a lot worse than that though. I recall dealextreme once messed it up and they sold R4 flashcarts as Acekards & vice versa, because somebody messed up the stickers.

5. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    Purchased it from Farnago. Turned up on the doorstep almost the day after I purchased it which was pretty good. I guess they are being lazy and not putting the stickers on the Carts. I purchased it as a 2i but have no idea if that is what I actually received. I can't really complain as I have had absolutly no problems with it so far.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you put it in a DS Lite, in the DS menu it will either say: Acekard2 or Acekard2i in the text box next to the icon depending on which cart it is.

The 2i clones going around appear as an Acekard2 in this menu, not an Acekard 2i.

If you goto the help section in AKAIO, it will tell you your HWID. From that you can get a good idea if it's a clone or not.

7. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    Says Acekard 2i in DS boot menu followed by the website and the 2ak logo on the left.
    No idea how to access the Help menu.
    Looks as if I got lucky and got an unmarked original 2i. [​IMG]

Edit: Found Help. it says AKAIO v1.6RC1 HW: 81 SVN: 803

8. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That pretty much confirms you have a Genuine Acekard 2i.

9. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    Cool thanks for the info. As an added bonus I got a Kingston class4 thrown in as a part of the 4gb package and a good quality reader. I have heard some horror stories of people receiving some pretty nasty SD cards in some of the advertised bundles.

10. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Back in the day, I received an Acekard 2i with an Acekard 2.1 sticker on it ... I was freaking out but sometimes you have to trust the seller ( for me it was DX ). I think that sometimes that cards give you the option to save in a certain format is REALLY DUMB. They should all just put it in one type of Format so it's compatible with other cards.

11. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    That's what they did.....

Originally AceKards saved *.nds.sav, but then they added compatibility for *.sav and from what I've read, it's become the default -- in AKAIO at least.