Hacking Just bought an R4iDS Could use some help

Rancid-Milk-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple Question. I just bought the r4ids dot com version of the flashcart for my DSi XL. I have the latest AKAIO 1.81 kernel installed, but I can't figure out Where or how to get GBA games to work. Also I was wondering because I know there are tons of different kernels out there, should I be using AKAIO or are there better ones out there for my cart? I know somebody mentioned wood r4, but I'm not sure what the deal is with it. I've tried searching however the search either comes up too short or nothing pertaining to my question. (maybe I'm terrible at searching). Also what sort of plugins can I use for my flashcart?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Slot-1 can't run in GBA mode, so you have to do one of two things to run GBA games.
A - Buy a slot-1 card that has a built-in CPU and such to emulate GBA games. The Supercard DSTwo is widely regarded as the best of these.
B - Buy a slot-2 (GBA slot) card which the ROMs will run off of, but thisis not an option on the DSi/XL, so you're stuck with slot-1 emulation (choice A).

While AKAIO is great firmware, the build for that cart was a one-off, it will not get future AKAIO updates (according to Another World), that was not a good cart to buy.

Rancid-Milk-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
1 - Slot-1 can't run in GBA mode, so you have to do one of two things to run GBA games.
A - Buy a slot-1 card that has a built-in CPU and such to emulate GBA games. The Supercard DSTwo is widely regarded as the best of these.
B - Buy a slot-2 (GBA slot) card which the ROMs will run off of, but thisis not an option on the DSi/XL, so you're stuck with slot-1 emulation (choice A).

While AKAIO is great firmware, the build for that cart was a one-off, it will not get future AKAIO updates (according to Another World), that was not a good cart to buy.

Thanks you for quickly clearing all that up for me, I was getting a huge headache. I got the Flashcart as a gift for Christmas so I had no idea what was going on. Looks like I'm gonna buy the Supercard DSTwo looks like you can do a lot with it! Thank you again for your quick reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)