Hacking Just bought a clear plastic case for DS Lite

JamieA119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's this one

The instructions are in Japanese so I can't read them, and when I took the DS out by removing the slot-2 cover and pushing it up, one of the shoulder buttons got jammed. Luckily I managed to push it back in and it works fine, but I'd still like to know how to take it out without damaging the DS.

Thank you.

EDIT: The pictures a bit small so here's the link.

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NINTENDO_DS_D...cessory_Set.htm

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i can't really tell 100% what the case is like from the pictures you provided, but what i do is this:

-pop the hinge part off on both sides, so that the top half and bottom half are now separated
- take off top cover by lifting it from the back (the hinge side)
- then the bottom cover should now be easy to take off too

to put it back i pop the hinge on the clear case back together first, then insert the ds lite.

hope that helps. =)

JamieA119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can't really tell 100% what the case is like from the pictures you provided, but what i do is this:

-pop the hinge part off on both sides, so that the top half and bottom half are now separated
- take off top cover by lifting it from the back (the hinge side)
- then the bottom cover should now be easy to take off too

to put it back i pop the hinge on the clear case back together first, then insert the ds lite.

hope that helps. =)

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind next time I take it off, and hope it doesn't take one of my shoulder buttons with it.
smile.gif

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's this one

The instructions are in Japanese so I can't read them, and when I took the DS out by removing the slot-2 cover and pushing it up, one of the shoulder buttons got jammed. Luckily I managed to push it back in and it works fine, but I'd still like to know how to take it out without damaging the DS.

Thank you.

EDIT: The pictures a bit small so here's the link.

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NINTENDO_DS_D...cessory_Set.htm

Provide me with a readable picture of the Japanese instructions and I can translate them for you.
wink.gif

JamieA119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Provide me with a readable picture of the Japanese instructions and I can translate them for you.
wink.gif

Thanks, really appreciate that. The images are pretty big but let me know if they're too small. I presume it's the stuff on page 2 but I've done all the pages 'cos there's only 2 files. They're too big to post here.

Page 1: http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1fo9.jpg
Page 2/3: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7190/p23pl2.jpg

Again, appreciate this
yaynds.gif

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I expected it is a Hori article which is good, 'cause I also have and use a lot of their stuff. The pictures where just the right size. Just to be sure I translated everything worthwhile so you know what to do when the time comes. On to the translation.

The first page is small chitchat on the "what to," and "what not to do" with: the protect case, the touch pen, top lcd and lower touch screen, and using other items. So I'll just leave it at that unless you wish to know. ;-)

How to insert the DS lite:
First two pictures tell you how to insert the DS lite: the encircled spots are the hooks that will hold your DS lite in place.

How to take out the DS lite:
1) Open the DS lite to an 180 degree angle (this is standard for most if not all Hori and Capdase protect cases)
2) As illustrated, press the protect case slightly down in the middle so a slight opening will form between the DS Lite and the protect case. While unfastening the top hooks raise the upper DS lite panel.
3) Unfasten the bottom hooks and as lift the upper panel you should be able to easily detach the lower half of the unit.

About the long touch pen:
Nothing special just that it can extend and be used like any other DS lite touch pen.

How to use the touch pen attachment:
A customizable attachment to extend and thicken the touch pen. As easy to use a writing accessory, and easy to write with.
1) Make sure the hooked part will eventually hook into the opening as illustrated.
2) The same goes for the front end make sure the hooked part is lined up with the opening as you slide them together.
3) Finish

How to detach the touch pen attachment:
* While pressing the hooked part, see arrow near the encircled 1 pull out the front end.
* Pull out the touch pen while tilting it at and angle as illustrated.

How to attach the touch pen attachment to the DS lite:
See that the 2 hooks of the pen are aligned with the opening on the DS lite.

About the cleaning strap.
Well this is self-explanatory.

JamieA119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I expected it is a Hori article which is good, 'cause I also have and use a lot of their stuff. The pictures where just the right size. Just to be sure I translated everything worthwhile so you know what to do when the time comes. On to the translation.

The first page is small chitchat on the "what to," and "what not to do" with: the protect case, the touch pen, top lcd and lower touch screen, and using other items. So I'll just leave it at that unless you wish to know. ;-)

How to insert the DS lite:
First two pictures tell you how to insert the DS lite: the encircled spots are the hooks that will hold your DS lite in place.

How to take out the DS lite:
1) Open the DS lite to an 180 degree angle (this is standard for most if not all Hori and Capdase protect cases)
2) As illustrated, press the protect case slightly down in the middle so a slight opening will form between the DS Lite and the protect case. While unfastening the top hooks raise the upper DS lite panel.
3) Unfasten the bottom hooks and as lift the upper panel you should be able to easily detach the lower half of the unit.

About the long touch pen:
Nothing special just that it can extend and be used like any other DS lite touch pen.

How to use the touch pen attachment:
A customizable attachment to extend and thicken the touch pen. As easy to use a writing accessory, and easy to write with.
1) Make sure the hooked part will eventually hook into the opening as illustrated.
2) The same goes for the front end make sure the hooked part is lined up with the opening as you slide them together.
3) Finish

How to detach the touch pen attachment:
* While pressing the hooked part, see arrow near the encircled 1 pull out the front end.
* Pull out the touch pen while tilting it at and angle as illustrated.

How to attach the touch pen attachment to the DS lite:
See that the 2 hooks of the pen are aligned with the opening on the DS lite.

About the cleaning strap.
Well this is self-explanatory.

Thanks
bow.gif
I'm really grateful
smile.gif

Apologies for not replying sooner, been in Blackpool all day and only had a quick look this morning for Professor Layton.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...