Hacking just bought 5.05 console

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
bought it off ebay. seller doesn't offer support. i can see games installed on the dashboard but when i try to launch them nothing happens. his description says web page cache off-line pre-installed and shows a picture of some CFW menu. i looked for some program that i might launch games from but didn't find anything. how do i use this?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by SmoothNobody,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SmoothNobody Depending on where the Exploit menu is saved you have 2 options to try.

1. From the main menu on the PS4 open Internet browser. If you see the menu like the image you posted above, select HEN 1.8. If not try option 2
2. From the main menu on the PS4 open Settings > User's Guide/Helpful Info > User's Guide. If you see the menu like the image you posted above, select HEN 1.8.

The Exploit menu will be saved in one or both of the locations mentioned above.
When you have run the HEN 1.8 exploit, the games on the main menu will now be playable.
You will have to do this every time you start the PS4.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: SmoothNobody

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
LOL, menu was in the internet browser. that's ironic considering going online with these things is usually something you don't want to do.

how do i install games? i found a guide for ripping from disc but not seeing anything about how to install from files on pc.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you found it:)

The most simple way to install a game is:

Put the fake .pkg game file on the root of an EXFAT formatted USB drive.
Then after you have run HEN, go to Settings > Debug Settings > Game > Package Installer and select the pkg to install.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
trying to install a game with remote package installer. think i almost got it but am missing something. this is what i have done.....
installed remote package installer
launched remote package installer
installed node JS on computer
downloaded PKG sender
run HTTPserver.bat
put PS4 IP on the PS4 IP on notepad
put PC IP on server IP and :8080 on notepad
dragged PKG file to install_PKG
it sees the file but nothing happens

dPO7yre.png

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try the latest release from Pink1 HERE. It works great.:)

1:Start Remote Package Installer on the PS4 and leave it OPEN!.
2:Open PS4_PKG_Linker.exe, enter your PS4's IP in the top right box, double click the Directoty box and browse to where your .PKG games are, 'Click on Start Server'
3: Pick a game from the list to Install/Uninstal etc.
4: You will get a notification on the PS4 when a game starts to install.

Reactions: KiiWii

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
this isn't working either. when i click start server i am not seeing any games in install. wondering if this PS4 is setup to block downloads or internet related stuff. had to go to network and check box to allow connecting to internet. i noticed other boxes that were all unchecked. i read them but they seem to be related to firmware and game updates. think i also noticed something in that browser CFW page that said something about blocking internet or updates. i ran the test connection and it says everything is good. also see the PS4 on my network.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you should see a list of your packages before you even start the server.
As you can see from the image I have my pkg files in a filder named PKG o the root of my T:/ drive.
pkgs.jpg
In the picture I have not even put my PS4's IP in the box or started the server but it found all my pkg files.

Put all your pkg files in 1 folder on your PC then double click the Directoty box in the app and browse to that folder.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i am able to see the games now. the program didn't like the files in a folder. when i moved them to main directory they showed up.

unfortunately, when i click install package nothing happens. made sure to allow through firewall.

there are two options under server settings. uniserver and nodeJS serve. it's currently on nodeJS. tried uniserver too.

i noticed PKG linker is set to port 80. i remember the last guide i was using said use port 8080. i tried that as well, nothing.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First lets test your server (in a PC browser window).

Click on 'Start Server' on the app.(it should now change to 'Stop Server')
Click on 'TOOLS' on the app.
In a browser window on your PC put in the PC IP followed by the Port number like this 192.168.0.5:80
Mine is: PC IP 192.168.0.5 and the Port is 80 so its: 192.168.0.5:80

in the browser window on the pc you should now see all the files in the PS4_PKG_Linker_v1.0.3 folder. and one that says PS4/
click on this PS4/ link and it should show you your pkg files.

Let me know it it does?

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
when i click start server it does change to stop server and i get a message from windows that says server started.

when i put my IP and port in chrome it does pull up a menu. i clicked on PS4 and it shows all the contents of my root directory.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats good. Now we know that the server part is working correctly.

Next check that you have installed the latest version of Remote Package Installer.pkg on your PS4 (there have been 3 releases)
The latest Remote Package Installer.pkg has a md5 of A7F7DB43AA1800704D89C43C15A0D9DE or a CRC32 of C1224C66

If you dont know how to check the md5 of a file there is an online md5 file checker here: http://onlinemd5.com/

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good. Now check your PS4 IP:
On your PS4 go to Settings > Network >(make sure connect to the internet is ticked) > View Connection Status
Check what it says for IP Address and make sure it is the same in the PKG linker app (in the top right box).

Are they the same?

Last edited by Leeful,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you making sure that Remote Package Installer is being left open when you start it on your ps4?
Are the IP of your PC and IP of your PS4 almost the same?
eg my PC is 192.168.0.5 and my PS4 is 192.168.0.33
This is important because the PS4 and PC must be on the same network.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
after i click remote package i leave the PS4 alone. the remote package installer screen is the only thing on my screen.

the IP of my PC and PS4 are identical except for the last two numbers. PC is .1 and PS4 is .112

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC