Just about to order a CycloDS

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by enigmamedusa, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008
  1. enigmamedusa
    OP

Newcomer enigmamedusa Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello

I'm just about to order 4 cards, for me and some friends. I read a little about eariler versions having problems with the micro card not being flush etc.

I asked the retailer in the UK which version he sells and he wasn't sure, he just said the memory card is flush. Are all CycloDS' now pretty much sorted and no problems?

Also I've read lots about memory cards and access times, random access times etc, and I'm more confused than when I started. I know that there is one game which you might have problems with if the card is class 2, and I know you can buy up to class 6. My question is, in the grand scheme of things, is there a massive difference if I ended up with a class 2 micro SDHC? On the whole would everything be ok?

Thank for reading [​IMG]

2. Vincent T

Member Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok so if you want a good quality mirco sd go for Kingston SDHC Class 4 or 6, 4 or 8 GB. Where are you planning to buy your flashcards?

3. enigmamedusa
    OP

United Kingdom
  4. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States

Check Newegg as well for cheap Memory card prices, Hope you enjoy your Cyclo, It is an amazing card,
    As for the memory card fitting flush, I think all the shipments within the last few months are fine,

5. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Kingston doesn't produce class 6 SDHC cards.

@enigmamedusa
    Anyone would recommend you to buy a Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Japan) for problematic games / intensive. ei: Castlevania, TWEWY, LRRH Zombie BBQ.
    And get an 4-6-8GB to your liking for RPG style games (slow paced) and movies/music.

Cheers [​IMG]

6. enigmamedusa
    OP

United Kingdom
  7. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Yeah, best stores for you are those you linked, sorry no knowledge on them...

I have a magical 2GB kingston card that is made in taiwan, still runs problematic games fine, but i say i have just a special taiwan baby, and japanese are better, and also kingston class 4 taiwan/japan made µSD, dunno what the japanese/taiwan means, but i DO know that castlevania does crash with it.

Kingston, your wai to go!

8. eldaddio

Newcomer eldaddio Advanced Member

United Kingdom