Hacking Just a little confirmation

aehirst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been reading a while and just wanted a little confirmation that I have things right.

If my Wii is at 3.4 I have to downgrade to 3.2 or some homebrew wont work?

I use the twilight hack to install the hombrew channel, which allows me to install wiigator's backup launcher?

If you could confirm or put me right it would be a big help!

aehirst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick answers

The links you gave were very helpful. However I have a few things that I can't seem to answer, I see that I need to install cIOS36_rev8 before the backup launcher. Why is this needed and what does it acutually do? I seem to understand everything apart form these pesky cios things.

Thanks again

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't need to downgrade if you just want to use the backup loader, it will run fine under 3.4. It will just take one step extra (installing ios16 and then the patched wad manager to install custom ios rev8)

cloudofsmoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a softmoded wii at 3.4u and used a guide i found on the net called wii softmodding for dummies 2.3. So far everything i have tried has worked (knock on wood) This includes game backups , wiiware , vc games and homebrew (even the newer games have worked so far) I have only modded with the .for dummies kit and worked great.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
aehirst said:
Thanks for the quick answers

The links you gave were very helpful. However I have a few things that I can't seem to answer, I see that I need to install cIOS36_rev8 before the backup launcher. Why is this needed and what does it acutually do? I seem to understand everything apart form these pesky cios things.

Thanks again
I don't know the details but cIOS36_rev8 lets the wii recognize backups as if they were originals, so that's why you need it to make the launcher work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU