ThReAtEnEd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i can't do anything to really help you (
cry.gif
) ill just support ya and cheer ya on! Good luck everyone and we all appreciate the work, time, and effort you've put into the project so far!!

Xgen001

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
First of all, Japanese Kanji are extremely complicated. I doubt you'd be able to learn it quickly. (Personally, I find it quite difficult)
Second, they've finished the translations (Or most of it at least) and we will begin debugging soon.
Third, since it's impossible to show tone over the internet, (I'm stating that this is just a friendly informative), the accepted term for the "Cards" is "Koma".
actually, kanji is pretty simple. kanji=chinese. the japanese just stole it straight from the chinese and since i actually am chinese i can read alot of it easily. its just the other squiggly stuff that is solely used in japanese that i can't understand.

ThReAtEnEd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not asking for anything, but i was curious..

have any of you who are making this tried the translated version yet? does the translation patch work (even if it's not complete)? or you're still just translating first

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Japanese Kanji are extremely complicated. I doubt you'd be able to learn it quickly. (Personally, I find it quite difficult)
Second, they've finished the translations (Or most of it at least) and we will begin debugging soon.
Third, since it's impossible to show tone over the internet, (I'm stating that this is just a friendly informative), the accepted term for the "Cards" is "Koma".
actually, kanji is pretty simple. kanji=chinese. the japanese just stole it straight from the chinese and since i actually am chinese i can read alot of it easily. its just the other squiggly stuff that is solely used in japanese that i can't understand.

That doesn't mean it's an easy language. It's like saying I know English in the U.S. , so English in Europe is easy. It isn't. English is probably one of the most difficult languages to learn. If you already know the language in some other way, that doesn't make it "easy", it just means you know it.

Also, there's no reason to quote things from 6 days ago.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I NEED this patch. JUS is the BEST DS GAME. Do any of the people working on this project have a time frame of when this patch will be finished? I would DEFINITELY help out with this project in any way I could, although I don't understand ANYTHING in Japanese.

Read the FAQ on the first post
I read the FAQ, it says october. Although it's December and I'm pretty sure that it means October '07, not '08 since the FAQ post was last edited in September. I was just asking for an update on the time frame of completion from someone working on the project.

Meleeboy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only 3 .bin files left to be translated, 2 of which already at least 80% done. Will this translation cover the comic book card text?

And uh, sorta off topic, but I think I speak for everybody when I say that broken English doesn't matter very much to me, so there isn't very much need to polish it up.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are only 3 .bin files left to be translated, 2 of which already at least 80% done. Will this translation cover the comic book card text?

And uh, sorta off topic, but I think I speak for everybody when I say that broken English doesn't matter very much to me, so there isn't very much need to polish it up.

So far translation is only for actual "text" inside the ROM. That means any japanese inside images is not going to be translated.
These parts, if they actually get translated, won't be done until the end. The menu on the other hand, will probably have higher priority than the text inside the koma.

The team are not going to release any alpha/pre-alpha patches. I doubt they'll even release it before the clean up most of the in-game text.
I'm sorry, but you probably won't be able to play a game with engrish, I guess you just have to settle for proper grammar and spelling.
wink.gif

Meleeboy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I see. But is it possible for us, the users, to take the files given on the website and replace the current ingame .bin files? Given we have the correct program to use of course. and if so, might you be able to mention the name of this program/tool?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol, I see. But is it possible for us, the users, to take the files given on the website and replace the current ingame .bin files? Given we have the correct program to use of course. and if so, might you be able to mention the name of this program/tool?

You can use a program such as dslazy or nitroexplorer to replace the files, but I'm not even sure if the files on the site are downloadable. Actually, I'm quite sure you CAN'T download the files on the site. They are just there for stage 1 of the translation.
As for now, the project has moved into a closed stage on google docs (I think?) with only the team and chosen alpha/beta-testers. So the text on the site are quite outdated.

Meleeboy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can use a program such as dslazy or nitroexplorer to replace the files, but I'm not even sure if the files on the site are downloadable. Actually, I'm quite sure you CAN'T download the files on the site. They are just there for stage 1 of the translation.
As for now, the project has moved into a closed stage on google docs (I think?) with only the team and chosen alpha/beta-testers. So the text on the site are quite outdated.

Ohh I see. Well at least I know now. =\ Thanks for the information. Is there a newsletter or something where I can be informed when this is finished? Or must I return every day to see progress?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Ohh I see. Well at least I know now. =\ Thanks for the information. Is there a newsletter or something where I can be informed when this is finished? Or must I return every day to see progress?

There's no newsletter (that I'm aware of), why don't you just stay on GBAtemp? Best community on the intarwebs!
biggrin.gif

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
not translated : in game koma text (it ll be graphics hack), in game koma manga moment, quizz, menu's helpers.
this things is useless

work on actually : text from special attack for each battle and suport komas, and every chracter abilities (we have clean somthing like 10% of battle komas actually)

already translated and adapted: evrything else

this game is very difficult to adapt to an english version, It s a database from jump comics, it s not like a RPG or just a fighting game !
there is no story line and it required a good knowledge of japenese mangas
actually, for the last untranslated things, basic translation is impossible because of space saving. we need to rewrite evrything so it takes time

if you want quality (and that what we want to give to the community), you need to wait
You know this game will never be officially translate.

stay tuned and if you want to help just let us know (that's why this thread exist)

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:
I have just uploaded the four remaining tutorials to the Google Docs repository.
jesterscourt and superkyre are rewriting the tutorials.
Geunt is working on chr_t.bin and chr_s.bin (what a trooper!).
FAST6191 is working on a patch with six files to debug.

NOW RECRUITING!! Some of these tasks require translators. Take a look at the files linked below (tutorial.bin, tutorial3.bin...) and if you think you can help (and have a Gmail acount or can get one), volunteer for it.

@jesterscourt and superkyre: You can find the new files here:
tutorial.bin
tutorial3.bin
tutorial4.bin
tutorial5.bin

@anyone who's played the game: What happens when you press down + jump button in a battle? Do you "ascend" or "descend"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed