ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

jimmy_logic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just my two bobs worth.

I hope this is completed before the official translation is announced. I would hate for all this to go to waste. Anyways great work guys. Watched this from the side for awhile now, and its grown up pretty quick. Also I hope theres a way to protect this translation... don't want the official people to nick it.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Regards

davee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok guys im gonna be straight up, the guidlines clearly stated that if ppl have no knowledge of japanese they could still help by using other websites for translation, now u seem to be trying to shit on us for doing them, w/e this project seems preety fucking impossible if u cant use websites to translate, like lets be honest how many japs are actually gonna sit down and translate the fucking thing one by one with there head, neways good luck with that, i wont post anymore but i dont see any more hope in this project
Peace
Dave

Crescent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok guys im gonna be straight up, the guidlines clearly stated that if ppl have no knowledge of japanese they could still help by using other websites for translation, now u seem to be trying to shit on us for doing them, w/e this project seems preety fucking impossible if u cant use websites to translate, like lets be honest how many japs are actually gonna sit down and translate the fucking thing one by one with there head, neways good luck with that, i wont post anymore but i dont see any more hope in this project
Peace
Dave

yeah shut up dave
i dont see you doing anything to help
so dont complain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peace
Dave

yeah shut up dave
i dont see you doing anything to help
so dont complain
And I'll bet he'll be the first person to get the patch when it comes out.
dry.gif

G

Gilrad

To summarize on machine translations:

One or two-word lines: Knock yourself out. If it's completely wrong, we'll catch it in the cleanup.

80% of the text in one machine translation: Good job. You just slowed the project down. People who know Japanese will probably skim over anything translated, and those who work on cleanup will have paragraphs of unintelligible junk.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update: All synapsys have been include in the file piece.bin that can be seen in the following address: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc4pp3ts_52g9hmv8
Thanks to mdsanta, notnarb, thejellydude, Sonikku and zanza (and, of course, to FAST6191).
BTW, it's a shame that we couldn't get to a consensuous regarding the content, style and format
frown.gif
. Also, some mangas are yet to receive a synapsis (marked in red in the published file) and the one provided for Dragon Ball is related to Dragon Ball instead.

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: All synapsys have been include in the file piece.bin that can be seen in the following address: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc4pp3ts_52g9hmv8
Thanks to mdsanta, notnarb, thejellydude, Sonikku and zanza (and, of course, to FAST6191).
BTW, it's a shame that we couldn't get to a consensuous regarding the content, style and format
frown.gif
. Also, some mangas are yet to receive a synapsis (marked in red in the published file) and the one provided for Dragon Ball is related to Dragon Ball instead.

Not to be a nitpicking douche or anything... but it's "synopsis/ synopses"... synapses relate to cell biology
happy.gif
(just sayin' cuz this thread does pertain to translating and proper english and all)

Also to the people who've been using webtranslaters... when was it ever stated anywhere that that was ok? And also @dave... um... individual manga fan-translators often end up translating a whole lot more (if they do a whole series) than the stuff in this one game. This project has a team of translators...

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
beautiful beast: i think it's okay that the synopses is not consistent with the format at the moment. that can be done at the clean-up stage just like all the other .bins

plus, it might be beneficial to consult with FAST6191 on what format will look the best on screen when actually implemented.

so as of right now, i think it's okay to have a variety. that way FAST6191 can check out what format options there are and we can clean-up accordingly.

other contributors can also study previous entries' formats and decide which ones they liked the best, and can mimic after them. =)

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@mixinluv2u: Well, the problem is that someone has to end up doing the cleaning and this can become one of the largest files. My intention was to set a fixed format for all synapses (or whatever it's spelled) and reduce the workload (wich is already very high).

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
beautiful beast: do you have a format in mind already? if so post it up! or clean one of the entries according to the fixed format. then i can help clean the current entries we have.... after that we can just request all future entries to follow one specified format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays