Rasas

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much 3ds releases which is not a bad thing but the lack of PS3/360 releases besides a couple make it seem empty.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Platform: 3DS
997779_172182.jpg

Developed and Published by: Square Enix
Release date: 7/20 EUR 7/26 AUS 7/31 NA
Genre: Action RPG

The first entry for Kingdom Hearts to the 3DS unless you count the DS games which I don't. It promises to be yet another great entry into the series and finally features a more hands on experience playing Riku. There is a Mark of Mastery edition for those that want it and it comes with some nice items.

The Last Story

Platform: Wii
988055_204452.jpg

Developed by: Mistwalker
Published by: Xseedgames
Release date: 7/31 NA

NA release of the game already out in other areas.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

635802_255114.jpg

Developed by: Indies Zero
Published by: Square Enix
Release date: 7/03 NA 7/05 AUS 7/06 EUR
Genre: Rhythm

Release of the game outside Japan. You can play as some Final Fantasy characters as you tap the screen sort of like EBA.

Time Travelers

Platform: 3DS/Vita/PSP
611498_185937.jpg

Developed and Published by: Level 5
Release date: July 12th (JPN)
Genre: Adventure

It is level 5 they made great games like Dark Cloud and Professor Layton. There hasn't been much news about this game being localized but if you know Japanese this will most likely be a great game to play.

Rune Factory 4

635388_267899.jpg

Developed by: Neverland
Published by: Marvelous AQL
Release date: July 19th (JPN)
Genre: Strategy RPG sort of not sure how to say it

JPN release which will hopefully get translated or sent overseas. Basically you farm, fight, make relationships and other things in this simulation. Sigh, still not sure what genre this game is in.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

667819_259043.jpg

Developed and Published by: Nintendo
Release date: July 28th (JPN)
Genre: 2D Platformer

JPN release with it coming to Eur/NA/Aus in August. This game will be more about gathering coins but it is Mario besides the virtual boy game being strange and hated by some Mario rarely fails to please.

Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition

667820_259044.jpg

Release date: June 19th Japan
Genre: Compilation

A release of old Kirby games with some new mini games Japanese release

Heroes of Ruin

632237_249781.jpg

Developed by: n-Space
Published by: Square Enix
Release date: July 17th (NA)
Genre: Action

NA release of the game.

Anarchy Reigns

Platform: 360/PS3
620291_196672.jpg

Developed by: PlatinumGames
Published by: Sega
Release date: 7/5 Japan/Aus
Genre: Beat-em up

Spelunky!

Platform: 360/PC
995285_166279.jpg

Developed by: Derek Yu
Published by: Microsoft Game Studios
Release date: June 4th All
Genre: 2d Platformer

A 2d platformer which will hopefully be as great as some others like Fez and Super Meat Boy. It honestly reminded me of Dig Dug the first time I saw it and the 360 version has local multiplayer and hopefully much more then the PC version. It is free on the PC so try that if your not sure if you want to get it.
Edit: After playing it it is nothing like dig dug. You pretty much have to beat the game with 4 lives in which you can get more from kisses which you can get by saving people or buying them. You use gold to buy goods and you have bombs as well. It is fairly hard for me but I got through it on like the 500+ try. Granted I died mostly from not knowing what the enemy, trap would do or just rushing..

Mentions

DS Pokemon Conquest Europe Release 7/27 Europe last region to get it
PC Prototype 2 USA Release 7/24 Just the PC release for NA
PC The Secret World 7/3 USA Eur Release A MMORPG set in modern day as you travel to various locations around the world and build your character
PC Endless Space.7/15 NA 8/24 Eur A strategy game that plays similar to Sins of a Solar Empire but I feel improved on it
PSP Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time 7/31 NA Pretty much one of the last NA PSP releases which is a RPG
3DS Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure 7/10 NA Pretty much a NA release of a somewhat decent puzzle/rhythm game
3DS Rayman Origins 7/19 Japan is the last region to get it

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, for one, appreciate developers giving me more time to catch up on all the games I've missed so far this year. A little bit of breathing room in the summer is always nice (even if humidity makes it difficult to breath in some rooms).

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided against doing a July one since there's hardly any English releases and generally I don't do Japanese releases, especially with the current platform of interest (3DS) not having a flashcart or anything to make region barriers pretty much null.

And in general it's a bland month for me, I want Anarchy Reigns really badly but it's been pushed to 2013 for NA/EU, despite being fully translated and ready to go. Although Platinum Games has said that all the languages and stuff for the NA/EU release are on the Japanese one so if it's region free for the Xbox 360 I may import, if the price is right.

Rasas

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardly any Vita releases but some 3DS. The 3DS XL is also coming to AUS and NA in august.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

667819_259043.jpg

Release date: 8/17 EUR, 8/18 AUS, 8/19 NA
Genre: 2D Platformer

his game will be more about gathering coins but it is Mario and besides the virtual boy game being strange and hated by some Mario rarely fails to please.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D

641478_226092.jpg

Developed and Published by: Atari
Release date: 8/28 NA
Genre: Simuatlion

A RollerCoaster Tycoon game on the 3ds. It is basically a game where you make attractions and other things to get money.

The Last Story

988055_204452.jpg

Developed by: Mistwalker
Published by: Xseedgames
Release date: 8/18 NA

NA release of the game already out in other areas, This release was delayed several times.

Mentions

DS
The Lost Town The Jungle 8/2 NA A decent Action RPG try The Dust as well.
Wii Dragon Quest X 8/2 Japan Yet another hopefully great game in the game series. This one is going to be a MMO though....
3DS Devil Summoner Soul Hackers 8/30 Japan A SMT game which is a great turn based RPG.

D

Deleted_171835

Theatrhythm looks really awesome, I want it. Heroes of Ruin looks decent but not anything special. Not that interested in KH 3D, though.

The 3DS in Japan is looking better and better every month with plenty more to come.
If only the same could be said about the 3DS over here.
It's even worse considering the 3DS is region-locked. Pubs are taking forever to localize all the great 3DS games available in Japan. :c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs