Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so has anyone been courageous enough to run brickblocker on Big Brain and see if it flies in the JPN Wii without bricking, semi or otherwise? If the cause of the semi-bricking is an included update, brickblocker should make it safe, right?

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've sent my Wii to the Shop for reflashing, I'll try BrickBlocking the game (Big Brain) and run it after that. Afterall everytime I go for servicing, they renew the 'warranty' for my Wii. : D Inform me or something though if someone's confirmed it.

It's not only the game itself is a Big Brain thingy,
sleep.gif
I think getting to play it is Big Brainy too.
Problems problems and problems.

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Reflashing?

Are you from singapore? what shop can do that? You mean our Wii's can be fixed?

yep, singapore. mmm.. i've asked the shop owner, he says that he asked and confirmed with the modchip supplier about the problem and they're gonna fix it for me. i'm not sure how they'd do it though. maybe it's reflashing or just changing a new system for me with the 'warranty' they promised. i could ask more about it for you when i go get my Wii back.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the mod chip supplier huh? Interesting
smile.gif
Ok...would be great if you can tell me how they fixed your Wii.

Just to confirm, you wii is partially bricked like mine? Cant access the settings menu?

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
With the mod chip supplier huh? Interesting
smile.gif
Ok...would be great if you can tell me how they fixed your Wii.

Just to confirm, you wii is partially bricked like mine? Cant access the settings menu?

yeah hah.. with the mod chip supplier. that's what they told me.

yep. mine's a JPN set and got updated when i inserted Big Brain Academy. after that the settings just got corrupted. shows some opera browser error white page. actually it isnt much of a problem as i tried playing other games and they work, while i couldn't understand any of those japanese menus anyway. but the Wii.. it's just.. FLAWED. you know what i mean. that's why i want to get it fixed.

well to be careful next time let's just run the .ISO on BrickBlocker first before burning it.

wii909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guy's,
smile.gif

is there anyone who can tell me for definite which games have the 2.2J update on them?
The reason I ask is because I received my JPN Wii today with 2.0J on it, so read around and found that Biohazard 4, and Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race both have the 2.2 update on them, however when I run these games I get no update/update prompt's and end being left with my 2.0 firmware.
frown.gif

This is really annoying as my Wii isn't currently hooked up to the net to receive updates, and I don't really want to be playing USA games until I've got the 2.2J update first.

Can anyone help?

Edit: I've now just tired Wii de Yawaraka Atama Juku (JPN version of Big Brain Acadamy) and I've gotten the same result - No update and still on 2.0. Mmmm, I really feel like there aren't many options left to try...

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guy's,Â
smile.gif

is there anyone who can tell me for definite which games have the 2.2J update on them?
The reason I ask is because I received my JPN Wii today with 2.0J on it, so read around and found that Biohazard 4, and Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race both have the 2.2 update on them, however when I run these games I get no update/update prompt's and end being left with my 2.0 firmware.Â
frown.gif

This is really annoying as my Wii isn't currently hooked up to the net to receive updates, and I don't really want to be playing USA games until I've got the 2.2J update first.

Can anyone help?

Edit: I've now just tired Wii de Yawaraka Atama Juku (JPN version of Big Brain Acadamy) and I've gotten the same result - No update and still on 2.0. Mmmm, I really feel like there aren't many options left to try...

i've read it somewhere that you can only get the patch through Wii Connect i think.

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey wii909,

I was in exactly the same situation as you, and I can confirm that the only way to update your wii at the moment is to connect it to the Internet, sorry :'( . None of the games reputed to have the 2.2J update on them had them, including biohazard, pokemon, harvest moon, donkey kong etc.

Sorry to bring bad news!

rsyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a JP Wii too and i semi-bricked it with US Big Brain Academy

only pokemon and BBA that semi-brick jp-wii even with 2.2J update installed

the games work but settings options go away

lets download japanese games to see what of them unbrick JP wii

add me in MSN - [email protected]

thanks

wii909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the reply's gantz85, and Cocytean.

That saves me having to dl anymore games to test then.
Anyway I've sent my Wii back to the guy I bought it from to update it for me, as I had asked him to do it for me when I first ordered it, so I'll be updated in a few days
smile.gif

Seems like there's a lot of incorrect info on the net at the mo, as I've read in loads of places of these new Japanese games having the 2.2 update on them, when they clearly do not!

kochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone with modded jap wii have any luck getting NTSC-U Big brain academy that had been patched by brick blocker 1.3 to work without bricking?

Thanks

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Rayman Raving Rabbids USA Qwiif work on the JPN Wii>? I tried it and got nothing using wiinja deluxe, and I saw a comment on another board by someone with similar results using Wiikey.

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ok guys, i got back my Wii.. Untouched. LOL. they told me they couldn't do anything to it, and like us, they checked the internet and told me that i should wait for the next japanese firmware update. crap. what a waste of time and energy taking my Wii there. the guy said that he would inform me if the modchip supplier gives him any information of any games that would contain the next JPN firmware update. and if it does, i'll post again to tell you guys.

so now, let's just close one eye to our flawed JPN sets till the next update comes. (hopefully anytime soon enough)

i'm gonna try BBA again with BrickBlocker some time later on my Wii.
well just an update for anyone who plays pokemon. it works on Wiikey after brickblocking. i tried it today personally.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right thnx for the update! Looks like there aint a magic fix out there yet
smile.gif

Now...I just hope that Mario Galaxy and Meteriod Prime US will be compatible on the JPN consoles....otherwise it would REALLY REALLY suck.

pkrulzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't forget about mario strikers charged and super smash bros.

if they don't work on my ntsc-j, i'm going to sell it and get an ntsc-u instead which is $100 more expensive here

any news on when Big Brain Academy would be working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: