Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and many thanks to ins4nity for starting this thread. Good to know there is a place to turn!
biggrin.gif

xiongz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i semi bricked my japanese wii too! feeling rather sad and angry at myself for not checking before putting in the disc..

is there no way to revert back right now? do i have to wait for 2.3J?

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ha!

Took my wii into local starbucks, bribed owner, and used wifi there to upgrade!

Can anyone confirm whether or not brickblocker works with the american versions of big brain academy and resident evil 4?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Puar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, is it just common practice these days to automatically use BrickBlocker on every game you burn that's outside of your region? Or are ISO's being released with BrickBlocker already run on it now?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm waiting for my wiid to get here i have a Japanese wii and a American wii
but im not going to mod my Japanese wii because if i screw up my mod or if my modchip goes up in "flames" and it screws up my wii i can't send it back to nintendo of japan (cause im in America anyways) so at least if i screw up my American wii i can lie to nintendo and send it back and probably get a free one lol and try again lol

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone needs help with something regarding language barriers, feel free to ask. I only have Pokemon BR, Naruto, and Bleach for exclusive Japan only games, but I can help with Wii menus and stuff.

Just send me a PM.

But why would you buy a Japanese Wii if you just planned on modding and pirating? I understand the first guy had it as the only one available, but I'm still confused? As a Japanese language student, I got it for practice.

And to the guy whose wife and kid are Japanese, don't you want to learn?

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ah crap i got settings menu corrupted too. other than the settings menu affected by the update from Big Brain Academy and some rather useless weather channel updates, are there anymore problems that would occur? eg: games (burned or original) that initially were able to run couldnt run and etc?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone needs help with something regarding language barriers, feel free to ask. I only have Pokemon BR, Naruto, and Bleach for exclusive Japan only games, but I can help with Wii menus and stuff.

Just send me a PM.

But why would you buy a Japanese Wii if you just planned on modding and pirating? I understand the first guy had it as the only one available, but I'm still confused? As a Japanese language student, I got it for practice.

And to the guy whose wife and kid are Japanese, don't you want to learn?
well thats the thing i wasn't planning on getting a modchip i got my japanese wii in december as a Christmas gift.I'm also a japanese language student so i also got it to practice and stuff

flamingo_cancel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah crap i got settings menu corrupted too. other than the settings menu affected by the update from Big Brain Academy and some rather useless weather channel updates, are there anymore problems that would occur? eg: games (burned or original) that initially were able to run couldnt run and etc?

just wondering, anyone found a fix for this settings menu problem yet?

gantz85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nope. not yet. i think the best thing now is to wait for a New Japanese firmware update. and hope after it overwrites this crappy US update over the japanese system everything will be back to normal. and after that research before playing new games.

basically a modded jap set is a troublesome set. it clashes with newer US firmware updates. it might be the time now to turn over the jap set and get an american Wii NTSC and place your MOD chip there. if not you'll need to live a very careful future Wii life.
sleep.gif
unless you ONLY stick to japanese games which obviously only has new Jap firmwares.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
nope. not yet. i think the best thing now is to wait for a New Japanese firmware update. and hope after it overwrites this crappy US update over the japanese system everything will be back to normal. and after that research before playing new games.

basically a modded jap set is a troublesome set. it clashes with newer US firmware updates. it might be the time now to turn over the jap set and get an american Wii NTSC and place your MOD chip there. if not you'll need to live a very careful future Wii life.
sleep.gif
unless you ONLY stick to japanese games which obviously only has new Jap firmwares.

Just use Brick blocker which removes updates from the games.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Cheers for the links :P