Joycons not working in some homebrew

Angelus3K Sep 21, 2019.

1. Angelus3K
    OP

Angelus3K Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    Weird issue. On 9.0 OFW, latest Atmosphere 0.9.4 I think.

Initially after I updated all was working fine but I must have done something as now in homebrew like HB AppStore 2.1 and even latest version of sys-clk editor the joycon inputs don’t respond. Only Home button works to exit. I know Ninty disables homebrew inputs but Atmos also patches this and it did work briefly. Some homebrew like Tinfoil, Goldleaf etc work fine but others inputs don’t work at all.

Anyone know the exact file or patch from Atmos I need to re-enable inputs?

Thanks

2. RogueDreamer

RogueDreamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2019
    United States
    Im having the same issue. Really want to use GoldLeaf too. Using Tinfoil until this is resolved.

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    What did you do between it working and it not working? Did you install/update blawar's tinfoil? Because that fucks up your installation.

4. Angelus3K
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    I think so yea, the only change I did after it was working was add sig patches and Tinfoil, so must be one of those...

5. Angelus3K
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    Tried again, installed vanilla Atmosphere. HB Store 2.0 inputs didn’t work (which I guess they should due to temp patch in Atmos for this issue). Updated to HB Store 2.1, inputs worked, downloaded sys-clk editor and inputs worked. Shut down and copied over tinfoil, inputs no longer work in HB Store or sys-clk editor but Tinfoil works fine.

6. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    This is a known and addressed issue, homebrew needs to be updated but as for atmo, use the latest release it has their hid mitm included

7. Angelus3K
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    As mentioned I am using the latest release of Atmosphere. I don’t think I could even boot into CFW on 9.0 without the version that contains the hid fix as that was included in the first version that supported 9. Although as inputs weren’t working on HB Store 2.0 before I added anything else I can only assume the hid patch doesn’t work on all homebrew.

8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This is a known issue with blawar's software fucking up people's working configurations. Avoid.

9. Wazaa

Wazaa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2019
    Italy
    how can this problem be solved?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Don't use blawar/vertigo's Tinfoil :)

11. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2016
    France
    It's just that homebrews must be recompiled using latest libnx in order to have supported inputs on FW 9.0.0. Most hombrews have not been updated yet. If the homebrew source code is available, you can recompile it yourself.

5tr01k likes this.
  12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This. The 9.0 fix in Atmosphere still requires homebrew to be compiled with the latest libraries for input to work.
    There's a modded version, though it's still closed source. At the moment I'm boycotting Tinfoil outright and everyone else should too IMO. That's the only way blawar is going to change his ways. Either that or he will just have to live with no one using his homebrew anymore.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 26, 2019
  13. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    This is factually incorrect. The whole point of the mitm is to make old homebrew work without needing changes, so that devs can have extra time to update their homebrew to have proper 9.0.0 support.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Sep 26, 2019
    Angelus3K likes this.
  14. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2016
    France
    I am not sure but I think that libnx is "statically linked" to each homebrew. It means that it is directly included inside final homebrew executable. If you want to make this code evolve, you need to recompile everything which use previous versions.

15. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    I solved just updating to the latest hbmenu.nro from github main repository (nx-hbmenu - at this time v3.1.1).

Angelus3K likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted