Hardware Joycons not charging when the switch is plugged in

unclecracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a switch with very strange behavior. It was not charging the Joycons at all as i first got it. After reading a lot in the forums and doing some tracing of the 5v line from the Joycons I could track the issue to the fan which had a short. After replacing the fan everything seemed to work fine at first, Joycons were charging from the switch battery.

But as soon as I plug in the switch the Joycons stop charging. I left the switch charging over night, but still the same behavoir. As soon as I unplug the console the Joycons start charging again. The switch itself is charging fine.

Maybe anyone can point me in the right direction with this.

unclecracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could Track the fault back to the little PU Chip on the Backside of the Board. After swapping it from a donor Board I could get the Switch back to normal. Joycons now are charged as they should be. Maybe this helps If someone is facing simmilar issues.

seidolino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hi! I‘m having the same issue, I already tried switching the fan and the rails, but that didn‘t help. Can you please post an image of the PU Chip you‘re talking about? that would be great, thanks!

seidolino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
In my case it wasn’t the chip labeled with „PU“, it was caused by this diode next to the fan FPC, which was causing a short on the 5V line.

Attachments

• 1DB0687F-7004-47A3-8670-0436A87B7EBA.jpeg
    1DB0687F-7004-47A3-8670-0436A87B7EBA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D